John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He seems really focused and keen to impress and develop his game.

Neil Lennon is singing his praises even now, not often you see players leave on such good terms. 

All the best to him, I really want him to do succeed now having watched his interview.

Edited by Fight Like Lions

10 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Hope you’re right mate......I’m just not convinced either signing is as done and dusted as we think. 

Well, delighted to see my earlier pessimism was unfounded. I guess that’s what being a Villa fun does to you!! Welcome John, I think you are going to be a big player for us ?

We’ve got John McGinn

Super John McGinn

I just don’t think you understand 

He’s Aston Villa’s man

He’s better than Zidane

We’ve got super John McGinn

Hopefully as some have said a friendly with Hibs at Easter Road would be brilliant

Edited by Sid4ever
Alcohol
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Where do we think he sits in a midfield 3? Would he be caps or of playing infront of hourihane and grealish or is it that too offensive?

Hoping Kodija may benefit from his presence!

He seems to play a similar role to Hourihane, and I've seen Celtic fans saying they wanted him to replace Brown, so I'd guess he'd play the opposite side to Grealish against stronger sides with someone like Whelan/Jedinak playing and maybe at the base of a Grealish - McGinn - Hourihane three against weaker sides. Assuming Grealish stays that is.

This one feels right, he's 23 so young but with plenty of experience, already an international, Hibs fans raving about his attitude as much his ability, beat a big club to sign him. 

He's British, so he 'gets it', he'll have a few Scottish folk here to look after him, spoke well, seems pleased to be here. 

Welcome John, this could be the McGinning of something special. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, robby b said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45122873

A very encouraging read on the BBC. I didn't know that Hibs have had a brilliant few years (winning the Scottish Cup a few years ago, then promotion back to the Scottish Premiership two seasons ago and then 4th place last season with a record number of points. Promising. : )

“It's been a crazy few days, but I sat in the stand at Villa Park and I could imagine myself playing out there. It felt right," he said. 

"It's a Premier League club and deserves to be there. Everyone in the Championship has that aim. For some of them, it's a fantasy, but here there is a real ambition that it could happen.”

Good lad

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Johnny boy!

It says a lot when a player gets so much praise from fans and manager and leaves on good terms. It will be interesting to see where he will play. Looks like left CM in the 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 we play would suit him, though thats where Jack plays.

I'm very excited by this signing, and at that fee it seems to be super business, way to go Brucie and the new owners!

Also, I love it when other teams fans come on to the forum and share their views, must say the Hibs fans have been the best bunch yet! Already have a sweet spot for Hibs. And agree that Edinburg is a lovely city!

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Â