John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

@Hibsfans 

Where will he play? Will it be behind the striker? I think Bruce might play another behind the striker this season alongside Grealish. Is he capable there or a deeper player?

We've already covered this. Box to box. Ian Taylor, Dennis Mortimer. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HibsDave said:

We'll probably stick around and be like a bunch of fussy aunties. "how's the lad doing? Is he being a good boy? Are you taking care of him" etc etc

We can't guarantee he'll be well fed with Bruce loitering in the canteen 24/7.

Anyway, a warm welcome to my fellow Scots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

In my opinion John McGinn will be an English premiership player within 2-3 years whether it be with Villa or another club.

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your appraisal of John McGinn. We know how you must feel about losing John as have been going through the same thing with our Jack. It will be with us that John gets his chance to shine in the PL in a season or two. Best of luck to the Hibees for the season! :hooray:  

• Like 1

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3040913/celtic-john-mcginn-hibs-aston-villa-medical/

CELTIC look set to miss out on John McGinn as the Hibs midfielder undergoes a medical at Aston Villa.

McGinn has been locked in talks with Steve Bruce over a move to the English Championship side.

It’s now believed Villa have agreed a fee for the 23-year-old, with STV claiming he is undergoing a medical.

The news will come as a hammer blow to Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers, who had been desperate to bring the Scotland star to Parkhead.

1 minute ago, HibsDave said:

Thanks! ?

How many clubs have you sold players to and then taken a positive active interest in that club's progress? rarely? Never?  I was already biased towards Villa but you'll gain quite a few more fans in Edinburgh if it goes through. That's how much we love the guy and think that a move to Villa is right for him. He was instrumental in getting us back to the top end of the top division after a really bad period. He can do that for you too. The energy and drive he has are amazing

Worth reading that Hibs Forum post about him if you have time as it shows not only that he's a great player but one of the good guys.

Now please let us start our grieving process and sign him!!

Apropos of nothing, you are now the second member of the 'VT acoustic guitar avatar' club! 

12 minutes ago, HibsDave said:

How many clubs have you sold players to and then taken a positive active interest in that club's progress? rarely? Never?  

It’s an interesting point.

Mellberg’s management career is the only thing I can think of where there’s been a keen interest in a former player’s career (with the interest being of a positive nature). Unless I’m missing someone obvious.

I guess it’s partly because our better players have gone to the Manchester clubs, Liverpool etc and I don’t care about them doing well.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Apropos of nothing, you are now the second member of the 'VT acoustic guitar avatar' club! 

So I see sir! ?

Incidentally further up the page you mention Taylor and Mortimer as possible comparators for SJM. Spot on!!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HibsDave said:

Thanks! ?

How many clubs have you sold players to and then taken a positive active interest in that club's progress? rarely? Never?  I was already biased towards Villa but you'll gain quite a few more fans in Edinburgh if it goes through. That's how much we love the guy and think that a move to Villa is right for him. He was instrumental in getting us back to the top end of the top division after a really bad period. He can do that for you too. The energy and drive he has are amazing

Worth reading that Hibs Forum post about him if you have time as it shows not only that he's a great player but one of the good guys.

Now please let us start our grieving process and sign him!!

Dundee Utd slash Aston Villa fan here. Been telling my villa supporting mates what a good player we're getting. I've always had a soft spot for Hibs too as I was scouted for them when I was young. Jim Duffy was very fond of me as a player and was very kind to me hooking me up with Dundee too before my knee pretty much exploded and I quit football. Sorry it looks like you're losing McGinn but I'm glad he's coming to us. It'll be good for our national team too if he gets off to a great start!.

Edited by ForfarVillan
  • Like 4

Â