John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 minute ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

No problem at all,

I have a soft spot for Villa and have a view that they are one of the last remaining "working class" clubs with a cracking support. Infrastructure of a top 10 English Prem club and really hope you get back there ASAP.

Thanks for all the info SJMc. I'd love it if McGinn was the real deal for us. We desperately need the kind of energy you describe. 

Btw, for what it's worth, I used to live about 20min from Easter Road and the sound over there on match days was unbelievable. 

Is this our first player from Hibs since Des Bremner?  That was the 70s for you youngsters.

If we kept Jack and nick some Midfield Engine/Leader from Coventry Job done on recreating the DNA of 81!

2 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

Ulises De La Cruz 

I don't think he really qualifies as a footballer tbfh.

On the hibs posters, if I wasn't already excited about this transfer. I am now, cannot wait to get him signed and see him in action.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Is this our first player from Hibs since Des Bremner?  That was the 70s for you youngsters.

If we kept Jack and nick some Midfield Engine/Leader from Coventry Job done on recreating the DNA of 81!

De La Cruz!

Edit...too slow.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Morning all,

I'm a Hibs season ticket holder so thought I'd join your forum to give you an insight in to John McGinn and what to expect if you manager to sign him which I sincerely hope you do.

John McGinn is probably the most loved Hibs player within the support and the club and has been since he joined 4 years ago. During this time we've seen him develop from a rough diamond with potential to a genuinely top quality midfielder who IMO should be Scotland's first choice midfielder right now.

John's biggest attribute is his spirit, you get these players every so often like your Gerrard's, Schole's etc that have the ability to lift a team and drive them on. John will bring that in abundance, if a game is going against you he will single handedly give everything he's got to drag the team back in to it through grit, determination and fight. On the flipside, if you're winning a game well John has the classy side of his game as well, excellent strength, ability to spray 50 yard passes with ease and a very decent turn of pace.

He also has a wicked left foot on him and the majority of his goals tend to come from drives from outside the box including two 25 yard strikes in a 2-2 draw at Celtic Park last season.

He will dominate the midfield in most games he plays and Scott Brown who's been the Celtic captain for 10 years said last season McGinn was the most difficult midfielder he's ever played against in Scotland.

The bigger the game, the bigger the performance you'll get from McGinn and he will never ever be accused of hiding.

In my opinion John McGinn will be an English premiership player within 2-3 years whether it be with Villa or another club.

From a Hibs fans perspective Villa would be a cracking move though.

Best of luck for the season ahead and hopefully you guys get promotion!

Well I definately don't want him now!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think he really qualifies as a footballer tbfh.

On the hibs posters, if I wasn't already excited about this transfer. I am now, cannot wait to get him signed and see him in action.

I suppose there's an element of expectations to be managed though.  A lot of very good players he's been compared to on this thread.

It's probably still a decent step up for him and the expectations of playing for a club the size of Villa may take some adjustment for him.  I'm sure you will all really take to him but there will be aspects of his game he needs to tighten up.  I've also seen it mentioned he is replacing Grealish,  from what i have seen of Grealish,  which isn't a lot tbf,  they seem like very different players.  John will offer a steeliness to the midfield and he has a lot to offer but he's not likely to be beating too many players with pieces of skill,  he's more of a powerful runner than a tricky player likely to skin defenders.  He's also got the strongest bum known to man (no, not in that way,  keep it clean at the back),  the amount of free kicks he wins due to his ability to hold people off by putting his bum out is something to behold.

When is your next game on the Tele?  Looking forward to keeping up with how he's getting on.

Jesus, i'm going to miss him. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Perhaps as a good will gesture we can loan out Tshibola to one of the Hibs league rivals to weaken them and make the loss of McGinn feel a bit less hard?

Thank you for the kind offer, please forward said player to Hearts.

Kindest regards!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Well I used to have a slight affection for Hearts due to their colours, but **** them, I'm Hibs now!

I've had a wrestle with that conundrum over the last 24 hours too but if SJM can look past the colour of your shirts i suppose i can too  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hibsfan said:

I've had a wrestle with that conundrum over the last 24 hours too but if SJM can look past the colour of your shirts i suppose i can too  ?

Yeah well technically they're maroon and we're claret anyway, so like I said, **** them ?

Â