Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

He's absolutely garbage. i said that first time saw him!! dunno how some fans think he will improve? Worst we have had in many, many years! Bunn is better but he is crap too but then again so is Steer (On loan at Charlton)

I would try Sarkic or Moreira for Bolton game!! 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He's absolutely garbage. i said that first time saw him!! dunno how some fans think he will improve? Worst we have had in many, many years! Bunn is better but he is crap too but then again so is Steer (On loan at Charlton)

I would try Sarkic or Moreira for Bolton game!! 

I agree with this.

Although we have to fully support him until January. We will only ruin his confidence even more and it will just become much worse.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

I agree with this.

Although we have to fully support him until January. We will only ruin his confidence even more and it will just become much worse.

Way i see it mate is give Sarkic or Moreira a game and make them feel great that 1st choice and hopefully they perform well!! It ain't working with Nyland and we all know Bunn will do the square root of **** all too!

Sarkic & Moreira are unknown quantity and that's probably best in this situation as one of them could make the jersey their own. We won't know until we try it!

Burnley tried it with Nick Pope last season and look how that turned out! A masterstroke!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Way i see it mate is give Sarkic or Moreira a game and make them feel great that 1st choice and hopefully they perform well!! It ain't working with Nyland and we all know Bunn will do the square root of **** all too!

Sarkic & Moreira are unknown quantity and that's probably best in this situation as one of them could make the jersey their own. We won't know until we try it!

Burnley tried it with Nick Pope last season and look how that turned out! A masterstroke!!

Then they bought Joe Hart and dropped him?

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Then they bought Joe Hart and dropped him?

He's been injured like Tom Heaton has for while but Heaton is back and Pope's not fit just yet but getting there!

Pope was injured against Aberdeen in Europe.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

One of his decent games but it counts for nothing because next week he will make a clanger.

well maybe but doesnt help when he has a good game his defenders are ****

I really feel for the defenders. Teams have clocked on to the fact the keeper is glued to his line and will pretty much float it in from any angle. Any corner or set piece just needs to be aimed near the 6 yard area and we’re in trouble. There’s no relief for defenders. The ball just keeps coming back in and there’s no keeper to punch or claim it. 

Whilst this guys playing we will concede goals almost every game. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I really feel for the defenders. Teams have clocked on to the fact the keeper is glued to his line and will pretty much float it in from any angle. Any corner or set piece just needs to be aimed near the 6 yard area and we’re in trouble. There’s no relief for defenders. The ball just keeps coming back in and there’s no keeper to punch or claim it. 

Also without Jedinak we have a real lack of height in this team to deal with aerial balls

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They have also clocked on (not difficult) that our back four have been told to play it out, and that they do not look assured. Teams are pressing them and causing them to make mistakes.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have no sympathy for them at all, except Tuanzebe we have mainly played experienced senior internationals with Premier League experience every week and they look like pub players

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How bad are Norway's goalkeepers that he has won 27 caps?

In my opinion their #1 Rune Jarstein is quite good. No chance Nyland replaces him unless he's unfit/retires.

Nyland has not played that badly at all in the last few games. Lots of people gave him motm against Swansea! He is clearly lacking confidence which can happen when starting a new job in a new country. Add to that the fact that he has never had a settled defence to work with and those that have played have often been less than assured! Taking this into account it is no surprise that he is struggling a bit.

He needs some empathy and support. He also needs a settled defence in front of him. I am encouraged that Smith seems to be sticking with a formation and a first choice team. This can only assist everyone in my view. We need to stop this disposable approach to expensive assets. He is our first choice goalkeeper. Let’s support him and give him a proper chance. In my view we need to give him the season and actually get behind him instead of just getting on his back. We are called supporters after all!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Nyland has not played that badly at all in the last few games. Lots of people gave him motm against Swansea! He is clearly lacking confidence which can happen when starting a new job in a new country. Add to that the fact that he has never had a settled defence to work with and those that have played have often been less than assured! Taking this into account it is no surprise that he is struggling a bit.

He needs some empathy and support. He also needs a settled defence in front of him. I am encouraged that Smith seems to be sticking with a formation and a first choice team. This can only assist everyone in my view. We need to stop this disposable approach to expensive assets. He is our first choice goalkeeper. Let’s support him and give him a proper chance. In my view we need to give him the season and actually get behind him instead of just getting on his back. We are called supporters after all!

Decent post, tho not sure sticking with Nyland is the answer, I want to believe there is a really good goal keeper in him but his confidence is shot, however even with shot confidence he looks a little too feeble and you just feel that whenever a shot is on target that it’s going to go in, it’s more a relief when he saves a shot that’s straight at him the expected, and that’s a worrying feeling.

27 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

In my view we need to give him the season and actually get behind him instead of just getting on his back. We are called supporters after all!

He will have our support whilst he's wearing the shirt. I hope with some serious work with a goalkeeping coach he can improve his command of the area and his judgement on crosses but if we don't see a noticeable improvement in the near future I don't think that we can afford to "give him the season" as doing that may well cost us the season.

Â