Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Not half as bad as some make out. It's easy to blame a keeper for costing points as there mistakes often directly lead to goals but as a team we've been terrible. Some of the mistakes our defence has made or the chances our strikers have missed have cost us just as much as what nyland has. He's made some unbelievable saves, with the right coaching and support from the fans I think he can be a good keeper for us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Nyland has not played that badly at all in the last few games. Lots of people gave him motm against Swansea! He is clearly lacking confidence which can happen when starting a new job in a new country. Add to that the fact that he has never had a settled defence to work with and those that have played have often been less than assured! Taking this into account it is no surprise that he is struggling a bit.

He needs some empathy and support. He also needs a settled defence in front of him. I am encouraged that Smith seems to be sticking with a formation and a first choice team. This can only assist everyone in my view. We need to stop this disposable approach to expensive assets. He is our first choice goalkeeper. Let’s support him and give him a proper chance. In my view we need to give him the season and actually get behind him instead of just getting on his back. We are called supporters after all!

Do you want to see us relegated??

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's not a great keeper and never will be but he's not as bad as some are making out and whether he is in goal or not will not make our break promotion chances IMO. 

There might be a decent keeper in there. But right now he is awful and his inability to leave his line with conviction is really hurting us.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just look at Nyland's positioning for the Chester clearance.

a foot behind his line after a crossing situation.

He really is a clown, January can't come quick enough.

Edited by AshVilla

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's reaching the bacuna levels of being so bad you just laugh at him

If we don't sign a keeper in jan then we are fools.

Waiting for the Bacuna fan to post how great Nyland is ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â