Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Goal 1: Why do we have only one defender in the 6 yard box defending a corner. also why do we not put players on the post. Should have done better

Goal 2: Captain error again and he has cost us more points. Nyland no chance

Drop him.  Confidence is shot and his heads all over the place at the moment - that diving save to push a ball going 5 yards wide of his goal against Swansea showed just how much. 

Give Moriera a go.

Yes I watched him against Yeovil and yes he flapped more times than Big Bird on acid, but what other choice do we have? 

Bunn who's CV reads "dressing room DJ" for the past 5 years? 

Recall Steer who is doing so well he's got the Charlton fans demanding he never plays for them again?

Or Sarkic, who is the youngest of the lot and so far only has a total of 2 senior cup appearances for Wigan?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This guys is crap but why do people always suggest Steer as the answer?

He's never done anything to suggest he's any better to be honest.

Agreed steer, nyland and bunn are all not  good enough - we need better in January .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Goal 1: Why do we have only one defender in the 6 yard box defending a corner. also why do we not put players on the post. Should have done better

Goal 2: Captain error again and he has cost us more points. Nyland no chance

He watched the ball go like a yard to his right, on his heels, giving him no chance to react, he's just horrific, a horrible, horrible keeper.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He watched the ball go like a yard to his right, on his heels, giving him no chance to react, he's just horrific, a horrible, horrible keeper.

Watching the replay he had already shifted his bodyweight to the left

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kiltorken said:

I wanted him to turn it around and get a bit of confidence in his game but as people are pointing out he's just a good shot stopper, not much other goalkeeping attributes by the looks of it. 

That attempt at trying to clear the corner for the first goal was pathetic. 

After seeing that I have changed my mind. I actually hope he'll stay on his line in the future. :)

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As per before, he simply cannot cover near post there.  THAT would be horrific goalkeeping.  He has to expect Rhodes to flick it far post or for the ball to get through to the far post and that's where his weight should be going.  Statistically, that's the better part of the goal to cover.  As soon as the defence doesn't deal with the near post ball (and I don't think that was Chester's fault, it just happened to be that Rhodes was very quick to react) it's likely to be a goal if on target.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I fail to see how anyone could scout this guy and think he was going to be good enough to be our keeper. Okay he was cheap but he's nowhere near the standard required. Our version of Loris Karius.

Karius is much better than Nyland. Think Karius has potential to improve but Nyland won’t 

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

Karius is much better than Nyland. Think Karius has potential to improve but Nyland won’t 

Ive seen Karius for Besiktas vs Malmo. I think he is finished as a goalkeeper

• Like 1

Is Gollini still on his 2 year loan? I thought he was quite good, wouldnt mind him given another chance.

I don't think Nyland is terrible as some are making out on here, as he's pulled off some good saves at least. Certainly no worse than Johnstone was in his first season. 

Â