Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

People say he's a good shot stopper.

You need to be more than that i'm afraid.

Shay Given made a career out of being a good shot stopper and he wasn't great when it came to collecting balls into the box but he could at least organise the defense by being vocal.

He looks very weak and inspires me with zero confidence.

Imagine what the players in front of him must think.

Edited by AshVilla

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Ok, next week it's 8 h every day working on crosses. Every minute, every day, day in day out, only crosses. Nothing else. 

He is 28, if he cannot catch a ball there isn"t much hope for the lad now. If there was I would start practising myself and ask for a trial.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A game where he has had next to nothing to do and he has still made about half a dozen fundamental errors. Seriously who the **** scouted him?

I am sorry to pick you out but I am sick of the rubbish being spouted against this guy ( and others). Please name the fundamental 6 errors that he made. That is utter rubbish. He made two from memory (both of which were confidence only). He also made a couple of good saves. Do you not count those?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am sorry to pick you out but I am sick of the rubbish being spouted against this guy ( and others). Please name the fundamental 6 errors that he made. That is utter rubbish. He made two from memory (both of which were confidence only). He also made a couple of good saves. Do you not count those?

The 2 he dropped the ball he palmed out for a corner, the shocking scuffed kick in the last 10 minutes, the ball played through in the last 10 where he just stood on his line.

Yes, I cannot stand the guy. He takes no responsibilty whether it is claiming or coming and closing the angles or being big. If I am in a team I want everyone beside me to take some responsibilty, he doesn't. He passes the buck. Constantly.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The 2 he dropped the ball he palmed out for a corner, the shocking scuffed kick in the last 10 minutes, the ball played through in the last 10 where he just stood on his line.

Yes, I cannot stand the guy. He takes no responsibilty whether it is claiming or coming and closing the angles or being big. If I am in a team I want everyone beside me to take some responsibilty, he doesn't. He passes the buck. Constantly.

Ok. So the two dropped balls. Do you really think that an international keeper is incapable of making those catches or do you think that it may just be confidence?

Not sure I even know what the other two you are talking about are but they do not sound like fundamental errors! Add them up they only come to four not six! Maybe your pre conceived perceptions are actually getting in the way of reality! Give the kid a chance. He does enough good things to deserve our support. Of course, if he is still making these mistakes in 12 months then fair enough but he has only been in the country for 5 minutes.

When I was 22 I went to work in Spain. I was useless for 6 months whilst I got to grips with the change. Thankfully all of my mess ups were not shown over and over on tv! After 6 months, when I had settled and gained my confidence I was a different person. Bit of patience required please

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Ok. So the two dropped balls. Do you really think that an international keeper is incapable of making those catches or do you think that it may just be confidence?

Not sure I even know what the other two you are talking about are but they do not sound like fundamental errors! Add them up they only come to four not six! Maybe your pre conceived perceptions are actually getting in the way of reality! Give the kid a chance. He does enough good things to deserve our support. Of course, if he is still making these mistakes in 12 months then fair enough but he has only been in the country for 5 minutes.

When I was 22 I went to work in Spain. I was useless for 6 months whilst I got to grips with the change. Thankfully all of my mess ups were not shown over and over on tv! After 6 months, when I had settled and gained my confidence I was a different person. Bit of patience required please

He really doesn't. 

He will be replaced in january.

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A game where he has had next to nothing to do and he has still made about half a dozen fundamental errors. Seriously who the **** scouted him?

I believe it was an Italian guy - possibly Andrea Bocelli! 

Seriously though, Nyland makes the very basic look difficult. The over-hit cross that was going wide, to drop that in such a fashion was simply abysmal. 

I have faith in Dean Smith to change the keeper situation in January. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He really doesn't. 

He will be replaced in january.

Fair enough. Do you care to back that up? We have become a joke of a club who make our minds up at the drop of a hat! Look where that has got us? Yep.........nowhere!

Generally we have the best fans in the world but we really, myself included, let ourselves down in certain areas. We need to pull together to try and change our fortunes. I have played football at a reasonably high level. I am a goal keeper. In my view, this kid is worth supporting. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If it is confidence then more damning  if you don't have the confidence to make the most basic of catches at home to Bolton in the Championship then don't show up for work in the morning.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If it is confidence then more damning  if you don't have the confidence to make the most basic of catches at home to Bolton in the Championship then don't show up for work in the morning.

Blimey. You must be hard as nails. Do you really never have doubts in your own ability? If you do, imagine having those doubts in front of 30,000 people and many millions watching on tv! Of course confidence is a factor.

Â