Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, momo said:

He didn't drop it, he was pushed. People can't change facts even if Trump has made it standard.

I watched it again before posting previously. Nobody can argue that it was a clean take. Just like the one before. And how many other times.

He is so nervy. He ha some bright sparks but is so inconsistent. I’d feel happier with Steer in goal and probably even Reina tbh but I’m guessing Reina is still unfit after his Covid-19 battle. 

Hopefully he’s not in goal on Sunday, Reina has his faults but is a far more competent keeper than Orjan “Two games” Nyland.

21 hours ago, momo said:

He didn't drop it, he was pushed. People can't change facts even if Trump has made it standard.

No he didn’t, he was flapping at it which caused the problem in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

He is so nervy. He ha some bright sparks but is so inconsistent. I’d feel happier with Steer in goal and probably even Reina tbh but I’m guessing Reina is still unfit after his Covid-19 battle. 

I have to agree with this. That would have made the bloomers reel for years to come had it counted. 

22 hours ago, momo said:

Goalies can’t get nudged in to their goal by their own player. It’s just crazy. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Goalies can’t get nudged in to their goal by their own plays. It’s just crazy. 

Watch it again, he is clearly barged over the line by one of our defenders, and yes , he is clearly holding the ball securely to his chest. Just bad luck he was shoved over the line, yes we got lucky here but makes up for the nailed on penalty that the ref. Ignored......

Regards 

VLD.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Watch it again, he is clearly barged over the line by one of our defenders, and yes , he is clearly holding the ball securely to his chest. Just bad luck he was shoved over the line, yes we got lucky here but makes up for the nailed on penalty that the ref. Ignored......

Regards 

VLD.

That’s my point. Keepers have to be stronger than that or drop the ball. Was a massive howler.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Goalies can’t get nudged in to their goal by their own player. It’s just crazy. 

Crazy or not, it did happen!

The only positive - and it is a big one in the circs -  is that Davis was SO MUCH pushing Nyland into the net that he managed to confuse the Hawkeye system, which couldn't see what was happening. This apparently was the first time in 9000 matches it had happened.

Well done Keinan! Saved us a point there!

On 19/06/2020 at 18:31, Graham t said:

Blimey, this guy was everybody's hero just before lockdown, give him a break for heavens sake.....

VLD.

Steady now.  He played well in the cup semi final, but his entire tenure at Villa Park has been filled with unforced errors.  I'm not sure how the defenders can be confident playing in front of them.  He's just lucky that he keeps getting away with his mistakes at the minute, but he still keeps making them. 

• Like 1

Â