Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Just now, villalad21 said:

No. I said I liked his style of play better.

Heaton is a hoofing, old school keeper. But is still our best keeper.

Nope you said he was a better keeper and would start him over Heaton on one game. flip flop opinions as usual

Could he push on and cement his place as our number 1? He looks to have really improved since his arrival although this season it has really only being fleeting glimpses.

• 3 months later...

the Own Goal versus Sheff Utd that he scored was a complete shocker, luckily it wasnt allowed.

I dont care how good this guy can be at times, he is literally always prone to doing something Sunday League standard at any given time, he's like a ticking time bomb.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the Own Goal versus Sheff Utd that he scored was a complete shocker, luckily it wasnt allowed.

I dont care how good this guy can be at times, he is literally always prone to doing something Sunday League standard at any given time, he's like a ticking time bomb.

He was knocked into the goal by Davis. It wasn't his fault. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

If he'd caught the ball like any decent keeper would have, he'd been able to stand put on the goal-line instead of crashing into his net.

• Like 4

Said it in the match thread if that was a  sheff  utd player we would be screaming foul,  But as it’s one of our own it’s apparently all Nyland’s fault. It was a fantastic delivery and tricky ball to catch and his initial fumble I’ve seen many a better keeper do likewise. He is what he is and has my full support to continue until Heaton is fit. 

It's rubbish like tonight that stops me thinking he could ever be a first choice keeper over a season. He seems good when he was to come in for cup games every month or is subbed on but simply don't trust him as a week in week out starter. Was bad enough in the championship.

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

If he'd caught the ball like any decent keeper would have, he'd been able to stand put on the goal-line instead of crashing into his net.

You think nyland is going to stand his ground if keinan crashes into him at full pelt you are crazy. Kienan was knocking about Egan all game so it is no surprise he knocked over nyland as well. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Just now, AVTuco said:

what AVT said, when u watch him go for the ball he fumbles it, falls backwards, and then granted bounces off Davis in to the goal, BUT, as ATV said, any decent keeper would just pluck that out of the air and that would be the end of it, he went careering towards the goal backwards and bounced off Davis, because he didnt catch the ball like any normal keeper would have, he fumbled it, nearly dropped it, went backwards, semi fell over and then bounced off Davis.

Amateur.

• Like 4

In the case of Nyland fans on here have been really flip flop.

Couple of good Cup games and people think he is suddenly decent.

It's like you forgot about last season and why we had to recall Steer in the first place.

Nyland is a mistake waiting to happen. Always has been. Always will be.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what AVT said, when u watch him go for the ball he fumbles it, falls backwards, and then granted bounces off Davis in to the goal, BUT, as ATV said, any decent keeper would just pluck that out of the air and that would be the end of it, he went careering towards the goal backwards and bounced off Davis, because he didnt catch the ball like any normal keeper would have, he fumbled it, nearly dropped it, went backwards, semi fell over and then bounced off Davis.

Amateur.

Lots of keepers fumble balls. He fumbled one ball he didn't lose the ball and drop it. He had caught it again and then got knocked over. He wasn't set and got pushed into the goal by our own player. That isn't his fault and blaming him for it is ridiculous. This is classic VT blaming a select few players every game, hourihane, Taylor and Nyland. 

I would rather play steer but nyland is better than reina in any case. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

Â