Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Are we going there to win or are we going for a "be nice to Nyland day out?"

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Think he only won the FA Cup at Liverpool, never started a final for Spain and probably not Bayern either 

Just fired up wikipedia!

He won the league cup in 2012 beating cardiff (heaton was in the nets for bluebirds) on pens......even more reason to put him in. our only chance of winning is take it to a penalty shootout.

He's won the super, the FA cup and charity sheild.

natural born winner get him on the pitch!

Nyland played and won man of the match for Hodd in the 2012 Norwegian Cup final. That was a big upset against clear favourites Tromso. He’ll be fine 👍🏻

Edit: I don’t know what you’re laughing at @screwdriver and @villalad21, there’s no finer honour in world football than lifting the Norwegian Cup! :D

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 2

Not arsed if he plays or not.

I'd probably play Reina as we need him and the defence in as good sync as we can.

It wouldn't be as big a travesty as when O'Neill dropped Guzan whose whole season was that competition.

Nyland has stumbled out from the reserves of reserves into the team and back out again.

Would cement his entertaining cult status if he was to play and we win though.

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nyland got beaten to his near post twice and conceded 6 goals against City.

Of course Reina should play. He's our best goalkeeper.

but you said Nyland was better than Heaton

On 29/02/2020 at 04:54, villalad21 said:

Nyland got beaten to his near post twice and conceded 6 goals against City.

Of course Reina should play. He's our best goalkeeper.

So, if Reina was the GK against City we would have drawn 0-0 then ?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Yep - right call starting him and he played well.

18 months ago I thought he was a good shot stopper and liked his distribution. By the early part of this season he looked to me like the real deal. He’s come on loads and is an excellent keeper. Sometimes you just like a player, and he’s one of those. From cat on a hot tin roof to feeling safe with him in goal.

• Like 1

Will hold my hands up and admit that i’ve been wrong, and harsh on him. I thought we’d signed a real dud and one of the worst keepers to ever wear the shirt, but he’s so much more assured now.  Credit must also be given to Neil Cutler here, who’s obviously worked wonders with his confidence.

Â