Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

can't believe what I'm reading. This guy wasn't good enough for the champ so why would he be good enough for the prem?

Get Butland in asap.

As someone else was asked earlier, have you watched any of Butland this year? Saw a comment by a Stoke fan that he's improving as he only made 3 errors leading to goals in the last 2 games 😂

I hope he gets given some time by the fans, I remember one of his first games, was away somewhere I can’t recall where and after a dubious save he was getting called a word removed by some villa lads on the front row, about 5 metres behind him, you could see his shoulders visibly drop, was horrific. 

Nice welcome to the club! 😂😂

• Sad 1

I think I said this on here a long time ago, when people were saying how shit he was etc. but he never was as bad as the impression people got when he arrived. 

But he isn't very good either. He's always been strong in terms of reflexes and footwork, fairly modern keeper in that aspect, but he's always been a bit soft to me. Especially in terms of field work, picking crosses etc.

I hope he has developed, and it's not unlikely he has. I suspect he can do an adequate job in Heaton's absense, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had some clangers.

What I will say however, is that I think he is very much a confidence keeper. I think it's important for our own sake to support him no matter what happen during the next 15 matches.

• Like 3

think he had a pretty good game. nearly saved a world beater from Harry Arter today and should not be held accountable for either of the goals (both we're absolutely splendid strikes). made a couple of good saves as well so I'm not too worried if we have to rely on him for the rest of the season based on what I've seen from him this season. I hope I'm not wrong.

• Like 1

I am worried if we don't bring someone in. We cannot afford a risk in goal, we have so many unknowns elsewhere, and goal was supposed to be a strength.

I don't know if we absolutely have to get another goalie, but I am worried.

I don’t want to make a decision until I see a few games, I’ve read a few times the staff all have faith in him and that he fits our system better distribution wise. 

Think after his shocking start in a villa shirt his confidence will be his biggest killer. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

2 pages ago you said he has been brilliant this season. 

Par for the course.....

Personally, I didn't rate Nyland at all last season and was relieved - although it wasn't in the circumstances I'd wished for - when he could no longer be selected. But, fair is fair, he's done well when called upon so far this season. I just hope he can keep that up for the rest of the season. 

Have to admit when he came on against Wolves I was like "ohh they're going to get another 2-3 here". But I was quite impressed with him. Against Burnley he looked confident. Even before he came on he didn't look as...nervous? He looked up for it and even Cutler and O'Kelly were encouraging him, and he looked ready. Before he's looked nervous to me and almost like he's being thrown in. Maybe the injury and the training since has given him a confidence boost and he's more confident in his play.

Â