Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sorry but I just don't trust him. He was an utter clown last season. We're going to have to find a competent keeper on loan.

Same, but seems like he's got a chance now to change our minds.

He's actually looked ok in his couple of cameos. Let's hope he surprises us.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Maybe Kalinić will be the one to start. As we’re still playing Leicester after that which is more important.

Nyland will start both for if he is going to play in goal for the short term at least, he will need to match experience to assist with him. No point starting Kalinic given he is probably on his way out. 

Nyland has performed well in the couple of games he has played, in particular given the circumstances of a couple of them and I think he has earned some trust to be given the next few games. If Heaton's injury is only minor, I cannot see us bringing anyone in but if Heaton is out for the season I think we will.  

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Time for him to step up. Although with 2 keepers out with long term injuries we’ll have to sign another one. Is Kalinic still at the club?

Mark Bunn be sitting at home now waiting for the call

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

Hopefully he'll surprise us all. I have a feeling he's improved. 

I really hope so, cos he still gives me the shivers. I feel one mistake and his confidence would crumble. More than willing to give him a shot though. Isn’t Neil Cutler meant to be a very good and well respected GK coach? Perhaps Cutler has done good work with him.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t know why but I have this feeling he is going to be a revelation. 

I have that feeling too. And now that I've said that, I have another feeling: we're both going to look pretty dumb at some point! :)

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

My hope is he didn't turn into a bad keeper over night and it was nerves before. But then what is more sense than a Premier League relegation battle :(

I don't think he was prepared for how much you need to command your area in leagues like the Championship either. For me he's generally been a good shotstopper with very good distribution but terrible command of his area.

I'm hoping a combination of having someone with the leadership of Mings in defence and the right coaching will have helped him.

I think he will be fine 😬. He's had time to settle in the country now, at the club etc. He joined us at a pretty crazy time last year and probably wasn't prepared or ready as weren't most the squad. He's looked far more assured to me in his cameos recently than Steer was looking when Heaton was out earlier in the season. Hopefully he grasps the opportunity now to show us he is a top keeper and cements his place in the squad long term. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can’t get over that catch. To be fair he has looked decent last few games although not overly tested. I never believed he could be as shit as last season suggested, his confidence was just shot to bits. 

Hopefully he can turn out ok. 

I just cant get that lolley goal against us last season, where it basically went straight to the middle of the goal, and nyland LITERALLY MOVED OUT OF THE WAY OF THE SHOT THAT WAS STRAIGHT AT HIM.

Still gives me nightmares, I wake up sometimes and just scream "NYLAND NOOOOO"!

Edited by MaVilla

Â