Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Another good cameo. Let’s hope he’s matured into a solid keeper. He always had strengths to his game but used to be terrible at commanding his area during set pieces, he seems to have improved in that area since coming back into the side. 

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Another good cameo. Let’s hope he’s matured into a solid keeper. He always had strengths to his game but used to be terrible at commanding his area during set pieces, he seems to have improved in that area since coming back into the side. 

I wonder how much effect Neil Cutler has had on that. Given how good Steer looked at the end of last season, he seems to be doing some excellent work with the keepers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Looked calm when called upon. Good chance he will have to be keeper for the majority/rest of the season. Atleast his distribution is decent.

I think this was his major fault when he first came to the club, always looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. 

His time out of the squad seems to have helped him.

He deserves credit for obviously working very hard on his weakness under the high ball.

I was bricking it when he came on today, but he took that one difficult high ball in a way I never saw him do last season. He looks like he backs himself and knows how to handle a crowded penalty area now.

But despite these good cameos, it would be madness to rely on him for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Felt sorry from him last season, bit similar to Wesley in that he had what could have been a breakthrough game for him when he saved that 90th min pen at Swansea this time last year and then worst possible timing he got a serious injury a few days later. The cup game on Sat comes at a good time in terms of giving him a sharpener.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 2

2 cup games for the lad to get upto speed before Man City.

I have faith he will improve our attacking intent.   Good shot stopper and improving on crosses.

Of course if he has a mare the window is still open and we have Kallanic so not all bad.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

That catch 😎

A game winning catch in a way. After that we were not conceding. And I actually don’t think any of our other keepers would have come to catch that.

Im still here hoping Heaton’s injury isn’t as bad as feared but I suppose Nyland has the FA Cup game Saturday to perform in whatever happens, so let’s see. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

I noticed her comment too. She didn't even know his name until her partner had to jump in and save her.  

Ye shame she was so poor, all for female commentators but if your scheduled to comment on something at least do a bit of homework prior.   

11 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

A game winning catch in a way. After that we were not conceding. And I actually don’t think any of our other keepers would have come to catch that.

Im still here hoping Heaton’s injury isn’t as bad as feared but I suppose Nyland has the FA Cup game Saturday to perform in whatever happens, so let’s see. 

Maybe Kalinić will be the one to start. As we’re still playing Leicester after that which is more important.

Â