Joe Bryan

KJT123

55 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's weird. I quite like them as a club really. Don't really know why they seem to dislike us so much but hey. 

Reckon it’s something to do with their clubs initials ?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Spoony said:

They are to like a ridiculous level. They’re talking about statues of him for doing this and it being their favourite part of the window (despite the fact their still losing a player they apparently rate so highly). So weird. 

Edited by YLN

Fulham are a small club, with a small stadium and a small fanbase.

They are a typical Championship club in all ways, and will be back down this season.

We, on the other hand, are a big club on the up.

He is being badly advised.

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

They are a typical Championship club in all ways, and will be back down this season.

Not really. He's picked a Premier League team over a Championship team. Unfortunately that, and money, is all it boils down to.

Would we offer more money now than Fulham in the Prem? Probably not.

Could we guarantee he'd be in the Prem next year with us? Definitely not.

Will Fulham get relegated this year? Who knows. They were a good team last year, and could be a Brighton/ Huddersfield type that stays up.

It's also worth noting that their owners are only slightly poorer than Sawiris ($7bn worth, I think), so they also could push on the way that we'll dream of doing if we get promoted.

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Not really. He's picked a Premier League team over a Championship team. Unfortunately that, and money, is all it boils down to.

Would we offer more money now than Fulham in the Prem? Probably not.

Could we guarantee he'd be in the Prem next year with us? Definitely not.

Will Fulham get relegated this year? Who knows. They were a good team last year, and could be a Brighton/ Huddersfield type that stays up.

It's also worth noting that their owners are only slightly poorer than Sawiris ($7bn worth, I think), so they also could push on the way that we'll dream of doing if we get promoted.

This is how I see it. You can't blame the lad for jumping at the chance to play in the PL now. As has been mentioned in other threads, careers in football are short and sometimes the player gets a chance they have to take it. There are no guarantees in this sport that progression will happen as you hope.

59 minutes ago, Spoony said:

They are to like a ridiculous level. They’re talking about statues of him for doing this and it being their favourite part of the window (despite the fact their still losing a player they apparently rate so highly). So weird. 

Maybe a coping mechanism? Helps distract from the truth that a player they liked wouldn't sign a new deal with them and wanted away. Easier to think they somehow "win" by him gleefully leaving them to Fulham rather than us who are their "rivals". Maybe? But I dont really understand it either. Shrug. 

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sooooooooooooowwwww.......home come this has not been announced by Fulham then?

Thinking the exact same thing. I wonder if he'd jump again if a team like Palace went in for him? Lol! 

If anybody in AVFC PR is reading this, could you leak out the photos you took of him at BH, please? 

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Thinking the exact same thing. I wonder if he'd jump again if a team like Palace went in for him? Lol! 

If anybody in AVFC PR is reading this, could you leak out the photos you took of him at BH, please? 

No photos or contract signing according to Alan Nixon 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can only speak for myself, but many of your fans come across as arrogant, from what I have encountered at Ashton Gate, and on social media (not that Villa are alone in that and I'm sure a number of ours do too).

The fact Villa still owe us money from the Kodjia transfer still, and the fact that after relegation you just went to buy promotion, which is why you have the FFP troubles now.

Other than the Kodjia money none of it is specific to Villa, and I have equally enjoyed laughing as Derby bottled promotion year on year when they tried to buy it, and I will do the same if Forest fail this season.

It's one of the little extra bonus joys of football to develop a dislike - loathing (or anywhere on the scale in between ) of a club (or a manager or a player) for some real or perceived random reason and then to revel in it when things go wonky for that club. tuck in we all do it, I think.

Clubs and people on my list (excluding the obvious ones) Rafa the FSW, West Ham, Harry Redknapp, Alan Pardew....(there's loads more)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

London players...overspill.

This guy represents everything i despise about football and the completely shameless behavior of players, clubs and agents now. It just smacks of greed all round and a complete lack of respect for everyone concerned. I understand that everyone wants to play at the highest level and cram as much £££££ as they can into their pockets but a deal is a deal. and if the guy has agreed wages and shaken hands that should be that. This guys word is obviously worthless and that makes him untrustworthy in my eyes so i wouldn't want him anywhere near the club regardless now.

Bullet dodged!

• Like 1

There are just some potential signings that don't seem right.....this one don't to me.

sorry Steve, but I inadvertently think you just missed the express train.

lets move on and go again.

Edited by TRO

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

This guy represents everything i despise about football and the completely shameless behavior of players, clubs and agents now. It just smacks of greed all round and a complete lack of respect for everyone concerned. I understand that everyone wants to play at the highest level and cram as much £££££ as they can into their pockets but a deal is a deal. and if the guy has agreed wages and shaken hands that should be that. This guys word is obviously worthless and that makes him untrustworthy in my eyes so i wouldn't want him anywhere near the club regardless now.

Bullet dodged!

Yeah, the asswipe. I hope his life becomes the lyric for a blues or tragic country and western song. One of those where his dog dies, his girl leaves him for his cousin, his dad gets jailed., his mother becomes a hooker, he becomes a drug addict for years who finds salvation in God in a cheap motel room after years of hell. But McGrath says to him, "You're that word removed who screwed the Villa, aren't you? Been waiting for you to turn up so I could tell you to **** off to a better deity".

50 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

On the contrary, he's being well advised. He will sign a bigger contract, with a bigger signing-on fee, and if he plays decently this season he'll get a transfer to another PL team next summer, even if Fulham go down. 

If a player has a choice of being in the first team in the PL, or the first team in the CH, he should go to the PL every time. He'd be rubbish if he didn't back his own ability. 

None of this means I need to like him as such, but it's just the nature of transfers that sometimes you don't get your man, and occasionally you get gazumped. 

• Like 1

look Big Ron hijacked Arsenal's move for Earl Barret.  

We were even further down the road with Unsworth and wanting to go to play at Everton.

I dont know much about the lad to say if we missed a bullet or missed out on the next big thing, but if isnt in a villa shirt he doesnt exists so I dont care.

McGinn said he just felt that Villa was the perfect home for him, this guy might always have had doubts.

I was surprised he was interested in Villa, I heard through a Bristol City fan a few weeks back that he hadn't signed a new contract as he was looking for Premier League football. Cant really blame him for going after the Fulham offer.

Hutton it is at LB!

Â