Joe Bryan

KJT123

On 09/02/2019 at 18:03, Demitri_C said:

Hell year that 6m would have been a waste.

Why? Because he's not playing that well in a shit premier league side that has a rotten defence all round? The fact is, he was one of the best at our level and would be a massive upgrade on what we have. Shame we weren't able to sign him IMO.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Why? Because he's not playing that well in a shit premier league side that has a rotten defence all round? The fact is, he was one of the best at our level and would be a massive upgrade on what we have. Shame we weren't able to sign him IMO.

I think some are really hyping him up too much. He was decent but not brilliant. 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

But he is better than what we have which is more important

True but it don't take much to be better than Taylor. The guy is pure garage. Only Bruce would swap him for ayew. Should have just taken the cash

• 1 month later...

So apparently Fulham paid Bryan 60k a week while we only offered around 16-20k 

Insane money no one is going to pay him that sort of money if they did deals like this with all the players they signed they are going to be in  huge trouble next year 

On 04/04/2019 at 16:43, Demitri_C said:

Insane money no one is going to pay him that sort of money if they did deals like this with all the players they signed they are going to be in  huge trouble next year 

On a completely unproven Championship left-back :crylaugh:

No wonder he chose Fulham! 

37 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why? 

He left his boyhood club. He was offered to play in the same league as his boyhood club, probably on a bit more money. At the last minute a club in a higher league, based in London where he gets to experience capital live as a young individual, offers a lot more money. Why wouldn’t he accept the second offer? Anyone apart from villa fans would’ve done the same. 

I do agree Mikeyp but I also think the manner in which Bryan opted to sign for Fulham exacerbates the vitriol towards him. 

If reports are correct, it was all set to be completed with only a last minute call from Fulham stopping it.

However, instead of communicating this, Bryan allegedly just got into his car and ignored our calls until he signed for Fulham.

Quite an amateur and disrespectful way of handling things - I don’t think we’d have stood in his way if he’d let us know of the Fulham offer. 

(I recall Bristol City also revelled in his last minute snubbing of our contract offer, which was pretty small time too) 

• Like 1

I have got no ill will against him at all, but he's awful.

To be fair the Fulham defence is horrific...but having watched them a few times this season he has been a major culprit.

There is no way in a billion years he will ever play top flight football again, he is clueless.

If their back four step up he's 10 yards behind playing someone onside. If they drop deep , he's 20 yards inside the opposite half letting the right winger and the right back bomb on.
All.The.Time.

This is the correct reason why we have parachute payments, they will be fine as long as they dont go nuts trying to get back!

• 4 years later...
Â