Joe Bryan

KJT123

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I hope Fulham sign Targett, turn down their no 2 choice and he goes back to Bristol with his tail between his legs.

I'm not sure which I'd prefer: Bryan going back to Bristol with his tail between his legs, or us taking him on just to see those Bristol City fans that are revelling in us losing out on him crying. 

8 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

It's been funny to watch Bristol City fans revelling in us missing out. Clearly they are still hurt from us putting them into free-fall after whopping them 5-0 last season. 

It's weird. I quite like them as a club really. Don't really know why they seem to dislike us so much but hey. 

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I still think there's a chance he ends up here, either way I think it will be a last minute job, because if Fulham sign targett I think that would change his mind.

He'd have to do some serious grovelling for that to happen. Besides, I hope we've moved on to other targets at this point anyway.

Villa go up and Fulham come down..... It is written in history already. Fulham have signed too many players, a rookie football manager move (I should know ?), it won't work. They'll try and play attacking football and they bleed goals. I'm finding a bookie to give me odds on the double!

3 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

I still think there's a chance he ends up here, either way I think it will be a last minute job, because if Fulham sign targett I think that would change his mind.

If he does, we can all bring flip flops to his first game. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

It's weird. I quite like them as a club really. Don't really know why they seem to dislike us so much but hey. 

In my experience people from Bristol are an odd bunch generally.

Don't know why but compared to people elsewhere in the country a higher than average  number I have met there or elsewhere are in fact a bit weird, so an unnecessary dislike of us is no surprise to me.

Maybe I have just been unlucky but it's a view I have held for a number of years which has been reinforced from time to time.  It's probably because they are all descended from pirates or something :)

My issue with Bryan is I can't imagine how many resources we are wasting to keep tabs on this situation. Had he signed we would have moved on 100% to the next target, but now we need to have someone keeping an eye on him just in case he comes crawling back to finalise with us. I am sure we will get in any other targets if we have any, but this Bryan kid has certainly made things more awkward than they should be.  

24 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

It's been funny to watch Bristol City fans revelling in us missing out. Clearly they are still hurt from us putting them into free-fall after whopping them 5-0 last season. 

are they? weird. either way I'm sure they prefer not to strengthen one of their rivals in the same league.

28 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

"we're still three points above them. Let's see where we are at the end." - Lee Johnson

How did that work out, Lee?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"we're still three points above them. Let's see where we are at the end." - Lee Johnson

How did that work out, Lee?

a "respectable" 11th place. fantastic job not crumbling under the pressure Lee.

11 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

are they? weird. either way I'm sure they prefer not to strengthen one of their rivals in the same league.

They are to like a ridiculous level. They’re talking about statues of him for doing this and it being their favourite part of the window (despite the fact their still losing a player they apparently rate so highly). So weird. 

How can you go from being a first choice week in week out to sitting on the bench at Fulham.

Man City yeah ok you earn 500k a week doing so but Fulham really? 

Edited by AshVilla

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

How can you go from being a first choice week in week out to sitting on the bench at Fulham.

Man City yeah ok you earn 500k a week doing so but i really do question footballers motives sometimes.

They have no left back, he's their first choice. 

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Would it be devious to give his agent a call, offer to double his money to try to turn his head, wait as the drive up, stick them in some un air-conditioned room and BRB, give it an hour or so then inform them that we've changed our mind? But in all seriousness it probably happens a lot, other clubs hijacking deals. Malcom to Barca for instance. Disappointed, as he looked an attacking threat but we're Aston Villa and we just move on to other targets. 

We hijacked Earl Barret who was actually on his way to Arsenal and big Ron Stepped in to snap him up.

Meh, move on. If he was that good he wouldn't still be playing for Bristol City.

Also, I assume he played in the 5-0 game last season, I don't remember the goals well enough to know if any were directly his fault but he obviously contributed to a pretty shambolic defensive display.

Unless he didn't play, in which case my comment is redundant.

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

They are to like a ridiculous level. They’re talking about statues of him for doing this and it being their favourite part of the window (despite the fact their still losing a player they apparently rate so highly). So weird. 

huh...

yeah that's odd to say the least.

Â