Time for a takeover

Jareth

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Xia needs to stop being stubborn and sell up.

In fairness, it sounds like you're close to people who want this outcome, if Tony can't keep the club going and refuses to sell then that is definitely stubborn. If the tax situation has been engineered by Wyness (I appreciate that may sound far fetched) to force a sale but in reality he can keep it going then that's very different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Collymore has been tweeting about the potential for Villa to sell to Villa fans. 50,000 shares at £2,500 per share, and own 51% of the club, leaving Xia with 49%. £125m buys the club and is enough to keep it running for a couple of years while looking for a buyer/ investors to buy Xia's 49%.

It's all very pie in the sky, but, say what you want about him, he's passionate about trying to help the club.

I'd happily take £2,500 out of my savings to buy 1 share in AVFC. I just don't know whether we have 49,999 others that would.

If it means stopping our club from folding, I am in. 

I am sure we could probably get some bigger names to buy a lot more than 1 share. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I am sure we could probably get some bigger names to buy a lot more than 1 share. 

Well me too, but finding 50000 people with £2500 to spend and be daft enough to spend it on a football club might take some doing. Plus Xia apparently can’t get any money out of China so us mugs will be funding the lot!

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Xia wants £60m back. He will be lucky to get £10m. People do want to buy us though.  Xia needs to stop being stubborn and sell up.

Agreed the solutions being offered as so short term in the end he will end up making things worse and get less back ...

I'm to take it that selling players is going to happen to cover short term funding , the long term issue is that most of sales will be at a loss so come March when we are assessed on FFP we will be sanctioned ..so as I see it we face a season of struggle then we could be hit with a points deduction over FFP. I think he is being stubborn and trying to hang in there to save face when it clear is tenure as been a disaster and it will end , go now and he may redeem him self ( at mo Wyness seems to be taking most of the heat ) but the fans will turn all there ire on him soon enough 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Collymore has tweeted a few photos of the different emails offering support, and one guy has said he’d have £100k worth of shares. So people are out there, as unbelievable as it all sounds.

Regardings the debts that people keep saying the fans won’t be able to afford, I was under the assumption that the £125m target would buy the club and cover the debts for a short time, allowing time to find investors to buy Xia’s remaining percentage and add some much needed funds.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Collymore has tweeted a few photos of the different emails offering support, and one guy has said he’d have £100k worth of shares. So people are out there, as unbelievable as it all sounds.

Thing is if you have a few people with large shareholdings - well thats close to a consortuim

13 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Well we have had a US owner before and look how that turned out....

My current firm is owned by a giant American Corporation and the only thing that matter to an American company is the bottom line.......making profit for themselves.

I for one would be absolutely delighted and ecstatic if any owner of Villa could make a profit- as it would mean that we would not be a total basket case of a business anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Regardings the debts that people keep saying the fans won’t be able to afford, I was under the assumption that the £125m target would buy the club and cover the debts for a short time, allowing time to find investors to buy Xia’s remaining percentage and add some much needed funds.

OK, so it was 50,000 people to give £2500, but with one person putting in £100k we now only need 49,960! ?

I'd love the idea of fan ownership but the reality of British football is it simply isn't possible. The figures are too high for practically every division in the country. It just won't work, most struggle to go to a game these days, never mind find huge sums of cash for a pointless stake in a club you won't have any real say in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thing is if you have a few people with large shareholdings - well thats close to a consortuim

I have no issues with a consortium, if their intentions are good. The thing with being owned by the fans is that you’d know that everyone would have the clubs interests at heart.

(Again, I know it’s unrealistic, before people start thinking I’m genuinely hoping it’ll happen)

Hard to muster much enthusiam for who comes next.

In last 12 years we've had two popular ownership models in english football, American and far East. Lerner was long term and initally good but then lost interest and we plummeted. Dr Tony really is the prototype of a crash and burn owner, he owned us like he was playing red or black ffs.

Regardless of nationality we need owner/(s) who have a plan. I don't care if they don't have x millions to spend as you don't need huge money to properly compete at this level but we need strategies that yield proper results on the pitch.

The will from us is there. We had a decent season that still fell short of expectations and have sold not far off 20k season tickets. It really dosen't take much to get us going again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

So would a takeover be able to save us in the immediate term?  ie. save Grealish and Chester?

Doubtful - even we got a new owner there is still FFP.

What I am feeling is that tony will sell  everything to keep us afloat - in due course that will make the books look better - then he sells - god knows where will be playing our football though 

How will a take over help? FFP will prevent any white knight sweeping in to make good, we have to ride out this shit storm and swallow the medicine of whatever cost it takes (players sold). This is greed karma. There are no short cuts.

Â