Time for a takeover

Jareth

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

How will a take over help? FFP will prevent any white knight sweeping in to make good, we have to ride out this shit storm and swallow the medicine of whatever cost it takes (players sold). This is greed karma. There are no short cuts.

Aren't FFP rules relaxed for new owners? I thought I read that a new rule was introduced which helped Nottingham Forest? I am very tired though so I may have made it up.

Well, ultimately if a new owner came in and injected a shit load of money to stabilize us financially, pay off the debts and stop us from going bankrupt, they can give us a fecking points deduction and a fine, at least we would still exist even if it meant relegation. Dropping down to League 1 as a FFP punishment is better than disappearing.

27 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, ultimately if a new owner came in and injected a shit load of money to stabilize us financially, pay off the debts and stop us from going bankrupt, they can give us a fecking points deduction and a fine, at least we would still exist even if it meant relegation. Dropping down to League 1 as a FFP punishment is better than disappearing.

Well yeah but was not exactly my thoughts before the play off final- all the talk was promotion to 'back where we belong'. Hubris.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yeah but was not exactly my thoughts before the play off final- all the talk was promotion to 'back where we belong'. Hubris.

Ah yes, those halcyon days just a week ago. I remember them fondly. ?

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daggy_333 said:

Aren't FFP rules relaxed for new owners? I thought I read that a new rule was introduced which helped Nottingham Forest? I am very tired though so I may have made it up.

I don't think so FFP is about the clubs accounts the owner only comes into it to raise the FFP limit up to the max if not its actually much lower.

7 hours ago, paul1984 said:

I don't think so FFP is about the clubs accounts the owner only comes into it to raise the FFP limit up to the max if not its actually much lower.

But surely when purchasing a club there must be some ability to pump some funds into the accounts? 

• Like 1

I though one of the main purposes of FFP was to prevent clubs going in to administration. If a new owner wants to come in and clear the debt why the hell would FFP want to stop that? To teach us a lesson?  I get we’d still have to balance the books by selling players and assets but surely an initial injection of funds should be allowed? 

Am I misunderstood the way it works? 

22 hours ago, hippo said:

Lerner made errors and got bored.

Xia was dodgy from the start. I shudder to think where he got the money to purchase us. FFP and now the rules in the china - I don't buy it - he hasn't got a pot to piss in 

Im not sire he is that dodgey but i think he is really in over his head. It's too big for him. Needs to sell up and give to someone who understand football 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, omariqy said:

Xia wants £60m back. He will be lucky to get £10m. People do want to buy us though.  Xia needs to stop being stubborn and sell up.

where does it say he wants 60m?  all ive seen are reports saying he wants the money he paid for us back

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But surely when purchasing a club there must be some ability to pump some funds into the accounts? 

Under FFP a club are allowed to lose an average of £5millon a season over the last 3 years (£15million total), unless the owner is covering losses with cash injection. With cash injection a club may lose up to £13million a year (or £39million over 3 years). So the value of rich owner these days is only worth £8million quid a year to a loss making club (virtually all championship clubs make a loss).

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sire he is that dodgey but i think he is really in over his head.

I agree with you on that, I think he has come in a novice, invested money, invested a lot of time and emotion as reflected in some of his goal celebrations, and has now been on the sharp end of cut throat football business. However, I don't agree that he needs to sell up, until it is proven he cannot run the club. I can however see someone coming in paying what he wants, so this may all be moot.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not sire he is that dodgey but i think he is really in over his head. It's too big for him. Needs to sell up and give to someone who understand football 

What’s understanding football got to do with anything? We continued with a premier league wage structure in the Championship and the gamble didn’t pay off. How would understanding football have prevented this?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s understanding football got to do with anything? We continued with a premier league wage structure in the Championship and the gamble didn’t pay off. How would understanding football have prevented this?

Yes,  what they need an understanding of is budgeting, forecasting, business plans and profit and loss accounts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Under FFP a club are allowed to lose an average of £5millon a season over the last 3 years (£15million total), unless the owner is covering losses with cash injection. With cash injection a club may lose up to £13million a year (or £39million over 3 years). So the value of rich owner these days is only worth £8million quid a year to a loss making club (virtually all championship clubs make a loss).

It's can't be that simple. Is there a limit on the amount of cash that can be injected? Inject £200m and were in profit 

9 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

UEFA FFP - allows for this - but not EFL FFP

13 hours ago, Nabby said:

Agreed the solutions being offered as so short term in the end he will end up making things worse and get less back ...

I'm to take it that selling players is going to happen to cover short term funding , the long term issue is that most of sales will be at a loss so come March when we are assessed on FFP we will be sanctioned ..so as I see it we face a season of struggle then we could be hit with a points deduction over FFP. I think he is being stubborn and trying to hang in there to save face when it clear is tenure as been a disaster and it will end , go now and he may redeem him self ( at mo Wyness seems to be taking most of the heat ) but the fans will turn all there ire on him soon enough 

Selling Jack will offset most of the losses for FFP along with the significant amount of wages coming out

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's can't be that simple. Is there a limit on the amount of cash that can be injected? Inject £200m and were in profit 

Basically only the first £8million of that injection would be ‘counted’ as income under financial FairPlay (or £24million over 3 years). I think the confusion is people mistake our yearly financial reporting with our FFP calculation. The FFP calculations is BASED on our yearly accounts but excludes several items; some useful things are omitted such as expenditure on women’s football, training facilities etc.; most are not helpful to us such as omitting cash injection from owners and over inflated sponsorship deals etc. Basically, a clubs accounts can appear to be nice and healthy and still fall foul of the rules if the income is coming from the ‘wrong’ place.

7 minutes ago, Skills said:

Selling Jack will offset most of the losses for FFP along with the significant amount of wages coming out

Things have changed What we might have got for jack before all these revelations about our finance .

clubs are well aware of our situation now and the price will be far less than the £30m allegedly valued at .

Many journalists feel we will be lucky to get £12m now for him - I think maybe £18m at very best - we have to sell him and it will be a bargain for the buyer .

1 hour ago, Skills said:

where does it say he wants 60m?  all ive seen are reports saying he wants the money he paid for us back

Sorry I don't know exactly what he paid for us but that is the rumored amount no?

Â