Time for a takeover

Jareth

So is this Peter Freund still following all of our social media accounts?  It's too much of a coincidence surely that one of the quality papers states he's trying to buy us and at the same time he does that.

He at least has great experience of running sports teams and is setting up a 2nd division team in USA.  Maybe he can take Micah over there and tell him he's in the shop window for the MLS when his contract expires.

That Thatcherlover appears to have info from the club, and also possibly info from buyers. Is there a Wyness mole still at the club? After all, it appears (alledgedly) that Wyness was the one agitating for a sale from the start - plus this is being played out very publicly, again, to influence fan opinion - Wyness' M.O.

Now where's my tin foil hat....

Edited by Jareth

Can any of you twitter types tweet matt Hughes of The Times and ask him what's happening with the Peter B Freud takeover they reported last week? 

9 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Apparently according to Thatcherlover - somebody has made a bid for the club in the region of 55 Million but Xia wants 85 Million. Another bid expected.

If Dr Tony is turning down 55m he must be even more bonkers than I thought. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

He doesn't strike me as someone who will accept making a loss on his investment despite the terrible job he has done. His ego far outweighs his actual ability as a businessman. 

Tone will struggle to get a £30 mill investment, too much damage caused regardless of the real story, investors will be spooked. He may just have been outplayed here - unless he pulls a rabbit from the hat and in strides a pal of his..

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I agree, I know he wants his money back that he paid for us. But with the situation we’re now in, we’re simply not worth any more than £55 million.

17 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I agree, I know he wants his money back that he paid for us. But with the situation we’re now in, we’re simply not worth any more than £55 million.

I would have thought £30m to be honest. probably all BS there is no bidder 

22 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'd love to buy a stake in Villa, anyone else?

Let's start a gofundme page and have a crack.

I reckon there are enough characters on VT alone to run the club. 

Unfeasible as it is - a supporter buyout would seem to be the only way to keep us out of the hands of loan sharks , finance companies etc....

Just now, hippo said:

Unfeasible as it is - a supporter buyout would seem to be the only way to keep us out of the hands of loan sharks , finance companies etc....

£30 mill, non controlling stake split amongst fans - I think would need some caveats over contributing to decisions - but I would definitely invest some cash dependent on CEO appointment.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

£30 mill, non controlling stake split amongst fans - I think would need some caveats over contributing to decisions - but I would definitely invest some cash dependent on CEO appointment.

Theres you problem - buy shares you get a vote - not the same as control.

I wish we could put a poll see how much people pay for a share of Aston Villa - for I would go to £500 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Theres you problem - buy shares you get a vote - not the same as control.

I wish we could put a poll see how much people pay for a share of Aston Villa - for I would go to £500 

It might be better that the fans don't control it, as per what happens when you get a block of apartments jointly as freeholders, one bad apple and everything is paralysed. I would be happy with some sort of vote now and then, but CEO appointment is what would give confidence. I would go for a few grand - subject to wife agreeing.

• Like 1

Â