Time for a takeover

Jareth

Collymore has been tweeting about the potential for Villa to sell to Villa fans. 50,000 shares at £2,500 per share, and own 51% of the club, leaving Xia with 49%. £125m buys the club and is enough to keep it running for a couple of years while looking for a buyer/ investors to buy Xia's 49%.

It's all very pie in the sky, but, say what you want about him, he's passionate about trying to help the club.

I'd happily take £2,500 out of my savings to buy 1 share in AVFC. I just don't know whether we have 49,999 others that would.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Collymore has been tweeting about the potential for Villa to sell to Villa fans. 50,000 shares at £2,500 per share, and own 51% of the club, leaving Xia with 49%. £125m buys the club and is enough to keep it running for a couple of years while looking for a buyer/ investors to buy Xia's 49%.

It's all very pie in the sky, but, say what you want about him, he's passionate about trying to help the club.

I'd happily take £2,500 out of my savings to buy 1 share in AVFC. I just don't know whether we have 49,999 others that would.

Funnily enough, that's how much I've payed for my holiday in Venezuela and Aruba which departs tomorrow morning so count me out! 

Seriously though, I've always envied the German way of club ownership and always get confused when it's scoffed at by many English football fans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

As we can only get 30,000 fans in the ground each week I would imagine we won't be getting 50,000 fans to part with £2,500

He also doesn't explain how the 5 million per month hole will be filled once the fans have ownership of the club.

Fair play to him for actively looking for a way out, and his video last night spoke a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm sorry but it wouldn't work for me. Judging by a host of the Muppets I see post on villa facebook sites its just a recipe for disaster.

We need a UK based group that understands the heritage and the UK as a whole. No more clowns that dont live here and don't know what's going on at the club.

I don't understand, why?

Firstly, what is the heritage? This is business and such subjective and metaphysical notions should not be taken into consideration at all. I would rather have a successful, progressive businessman that never stepped in Aston than a Brummie who is likely to back Harry Redknapp as the next manager.

Secondly, you do know that we live in the 21st Century? I can be in New York as early as tonight and can successfully run a company/do business with Australia, UAE or America with a few clicks of a mouse.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

As we can only get 30,000 fans in the ground each week I would imagine we won't be getting 50,000 fans to part with £2,500

He also doesn't explain how the 5 million per month hole will be filled once the fans have ownership of the club.

Fair play to him for actively looking for a way out, and his video last night spoke a lot of sense.

There are more Villa fans in the world than the 30,000 that are able to attend fortnightly. Believe it or not we are famous worldwide (I know it doesn't feel like it!), so he's probably hoping there would be 50,000 across the planet. I haven't renewed my season ticket for next year, but I'd buy a share.

Regarding the monthly £5m loss; I'd assume that the £125m raised wouldn't be the purchase price. With Villa in it's current state, and Dr X backed into a corner by the Chinese government, I'd imagine Villa could be bought for £60m or cheaper, meaning that the other £60-£65m would be available to cover ongoing losses until further investors are found to buy Xia's remaining shares. Remember also, next year Micah Richards contract will end, as will other players', and there will be other profits incoming from sponsorship etc.

As I said, it's pie in the sky, but it's probably also do-able IF there were 50,000 willing Villa fans with that sort of money available.

• Like 3

No one in their right mind would buy Villa as currently constituted if the debt picture is anywhere close to being true.

The club would need to enter administration and then proceed to a fan ownership type of structure or else the fan money will simply be robbed by the banks/agents and other parasites latched onto the club.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Surely the club is effectively worthless if it's insolvent and has unservicable debts? How can Xia demand any money for a club in our reported financial position?

Worse, hes not going to demand any money because he wont want to sell.  He will asset strip us to raise money to keep us afloat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

No chance. Doubt we’d even get 5,000 fans do that. 

5 minutes ago, fifamad said:

No chance. Doubt we’d even get 5,000 fans do that. 

Does it have to be one member one share? Or could it be say, Stan Collymore buys 20 - one each for his family, dog (insert joke here) etc.? 

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Xia wants £60m back. He will be lucky to get £10m. People do want to buy us though.  Xia needs to stop being stubborn and sell up.

Yes.  I'd much rather this than trying to sell everything from the staff car park to Jack just to keep control.  Need to call it a day.

5 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Does it have to be one member one share? Or could it be say, Stan Collymore buys 20 - one each for his family, dog (insert joke here) etc.? 

I’d imagine you can buy as many shares as you can afford tbh, just can’t see our fans parting with big amounts of money hoping others do too. Our best option is the American buying the club. 

4 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Yes.  I'd much rather this than trying to sell everything from the staff car park to Jack just to keep control.  Need to call it a day.

I don’t think he will sell for less than 60, I can see Tony staying.

Just now, fifamad said:

I’d imagine you can buy as many shares as you can afford tbh, just can’t see our fans parting with big amounts of money hoping others do too. Our best option is the American buying the club. 

Yes I agree. But I think it is worth exploring. And remember, you don't have to necessarily be a fan to buy a share.

Surely if Xia cannot get any money out of China*, which will inevitably send the club into administration and sale under his feet, he needs to just sell it now for £1?

He will lose it for nothing anyway if he can't get the money into it so it's in his interest to give it away now.  It will save him £4m a month from what here being told.

He could say £1 now and an extra X amount if Villa are promoted in y years, rather like Lerner did.

* Personally I still don't think he actually has any money, but that is by the bye, if he can't get it out of China it's the same as having no money anyway.

31 minutes ago, villakram said:

No one in their right mind would buy Villa as currently constituted if the debt picture is anywhere close to being true.

The club would need to enter administration and then proceed to a fan ownership type of structure or else the fan money will simply be robbed by the banks/agents and other parasites latched onto the club.

Agree 100%. Fans should not be asked to finance all this bad debt.  It would be painful dealing with the points deduction, but the only fiscally sensible way for a fan takeover to happen is buying it off the administrators.  This wouldn't be the mega rich buying a play thing, it would be real people making significant decisions about their life style to do this sort of thing.  A couple of grand means no family holiday, or a car goes without repairs or cut backs on any number of things for the average fan.  Using that money to pay off Richards or agents or whatever is a sickening idea.  At least the administrators can use their significant powers to cut all that debt out and hopefully sell the Villa as a going concern.

• Like 3

Â