18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their squad is probably even better than ours. If anyone should be pissing this league it should be them. Absolutely stacked.

Yep 'should be'

Shame this having to beat other team melarky is getting in the way.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Their squad is probably even better than ours. If anyone should be pissing this league it should be them. Absolutely stacked.

I think jurys out on their manager. Yes he had a great end to last season and kept the job. But with the squad he has he really should be top of this league.  

I get it can be difficult for newly relegated teams but that squad has strength in every position.  I think a better manager and they would be flying similar to Newcastle the year they went down. 

Going to be an exciting few weeks.  Have the possibility to go 5th on Friday and although everyone else above us have pretty easy games I would be surprised if they all win.  Then there are a few clashes between the current top 6 so points will be dropped.  Keep in touch through the next 4 games and in Jan we can up the pressure.

• Like 1

Although a loss on Friday would be a big disappointment it's not the end of the world. As long as we're in the playoff places by the turn of the year that would be a fantastic return based on where we were when Dean took over.

Still doesn’t stop me crossing my fingers hoping for the win mind.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd gladly take Gibbs and Johnstone off them.

26 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

**** Johnstone. We can do better.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gibbs is garbage

Don't be shy, say what you really think....

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just don't see Leeds or Norwich slipping up. They seem very consistent and rarely drop points.

I think for now we should focus on getting inside the top 6 then we can take it from there.

Leeds have dropped points in 45% of their games. So it does happen, and often. We've dropped points less frequently under DS, despite playing mostly teams near the top/in the top half. 

Nobody is saying we will finish top 2. We're just saying that we can. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's the top two that get promoted, strange that you picked the team in third place for your comparison. 8 points behind second would have been more apt. I agree though automatic promotion has to be the aim. 

You may have missed the earlier comments. Myself and a few others are saying we should aim for the top 2, but a handful of people are saying thats overly ambitious and we should be aiming for playoffs. We have been debating this over the last few pages.

So the reason I mentioned we are only 4 points of 3rd is to show how the ambition of aiming for the playoffs is - I dont know how to put this - a lack of courage or belief on some fans part with 26 games to go. 

The way I see it - if you aim for the top 2 and you miss you will get into the playoffs anyway, if you aim for the playoffs and miss you will get nothing. 

So I was pointing out being only 4 points off 3rd is nothing with over half the season to play. 

We should aim to win the league. Isnt that the point? How can you aim to finish sixth? Why would you?

Every game is winnable. If we don't make it, so be it. But definitely aim for it.

"Did you eat your steak?"

"I thought it looked really nice, but I aimed for the chips and onion rings..."

B'jasus...

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are only 1 loss against one of the top 6 teams to be very far away.

If we lose to WBA we will be 7 points behind them already so alot depends on how we do in the upcoming games.

That's the spirit!