18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

22 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Teams managed by Bielsa have a reputation of dropping off in the 2nd half of the season, it's happened everywhere he goes. He works the players too hard on/off the pitch and with the fact he likes to run a small squad, it's inevitable there will be a lull for Leeds at some point imo.

Its a problem with all teams who play the pressing game with a high tempo.  You can have the fittest team in the league and that will catch up on you. 

March results will be very interesting for Leeds!

Edited by Nigel

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes but we are gonna drop points as well while the teams above us will win.

Your talking like we're gonna win every single game for the rest of the season

No, that would put us on 109 points, we dont need that many. 86+ would be plenty.

Even with an odd blip here and there we would be ok, think 2ppg or just over would land us the title I really do. There are 26 games to go, 55 points imo would do it. 

There is no team we will fear and are attacking every team we face home or away. Bring it on!

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes but we are gonna drop points as well while the teams above us will win.

Your talking like we're gonna win every single game for the rest of the season

No he's not, neither was I. Of course we will drop points, other teams will drop points. We're just saying that it's not impossible. We were awful under Bruce this season and teams get a 10 point gap over us in 14 games. Do you really think that, with how we've played of late, that the gap these teams created in 14 games we can't make up in 26?

10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

No he's not, neither was I. Of course we will drop points, other teams will drop points. We're just saying that it's not impossible. We were awful under Bruce this season and teams get a 10 point gap over us in 14 games. Do you really think that, with how we've played of late, that the gap these teams created in 14 games we can't make up in 26?

I just don't see Leeds or Norwich slipping up. They seem very consistent and rarely drop points.

I think for now we should focus on getting inside the top 6 then we can take it from there.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I feel like Leeds are in this position every single year. They start well then they end up getting injuries and fall down the table.

Hopefully you can make it this year, as long as it's not at expense of us

It does seem like a possible deja vu.

Just got to hope, injurieshave slowed us down but not stopped us so far.

Pretty substantial injury problems we have had which people may not realise.

6 games without Hernandez and Roofe in September. 

No fit cbs vs Swansea earlier on. 

Berardi, Ayling, Jansson, Douglas, BPF, Blackman, Hernandez, Roofe, Pearce, Bamford, Dallas, Cooper all missed through injury so far.

Half of those are still out.

Considering the injuries we have had id say the rest of the league are quite lucky.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Teams managed by Bielsa have a reputation of dropping off in the 2nd half of the season, it's happened everywhere he goes. He works the players too hard on/off the pitch and with the fact he likes to run a small squad, it's inevitable there will be a lull for Leeds at some point imo.

Bielsa Burnout is a bit more complicated then people think imo.

While there is evidence for it there is almost always a counter.

For example a lot of people point to Marseille and his 1st season at Bilbao.

While there was a dip they did win there last 4 games and his final points total of 69 was higher then in a number of recent seasons where they had finished higher.

First season at Bilbao was fairly consistent with Bilbao mainly staying mid table, although results dipped in there final games they had also played a 65 game season with a squad of 23.

Bielsa Burnout seems to have become an expected thing but it isnt as simple as people say imo.

• Like 1

Our season rests on centre backs, one injury or suspension to Chester or Tunz and were more or less clucked. Bruce's biggest mistake was going into this season without cover there , I would have sacked him at that point .

4 minutes ago, tinker said:

Our season rests on centre backs, one injury or suspension to Chester or Tunz and were more or less clucked. Bruce's biggest mistake was going into this season without cover there , I would have sacked him at that point .

Bruce obviously brainwashed the board and said jedinak is capable of playing cb

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They just missed 2 sitters. Matter of time they score unless it’s one of them days.

Brentford look nothing like themselves since Smith left them. Their looing like a relagation team.

DS must be a total genius of a manager.

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I think Ipswich will win the league. That Lambert fellow has a Champions league winners medal and has been promoted from the Championship before and that's a sign of a top class manager.

I have an Ipswich/Macclesfield league double ;)

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Brentford look nothing like themselves since Smith left them. Their looing like a relagation team.

DS must be a total genius of a manager.

I thought he just passed out the bibs and put out the cones?  lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think with a decent keeper we would have an extra 3 to 5 points.

I also think we'd have a lot more points if Abraham's loan didn't take so long to sort out and the form he's shown the last few games would have materialised faster as he'd of been match fit quicker. It's a shame we played so many games without him and I hope he stays all season.