18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve seen Leeds a few times this season and I fancy you too win the league. 

Even without the 3 points were gonna take of ya 😁

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

After the Middlesbrough game Aston Villa have 31 points out of a possible 60. The final projected points total will currently be 71 points that is points after 46 games. Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 9th.

There is still 78 points to play for giving us a maximum potential points haul of 109 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the appointment of Dean Smith the new projected points total would be 83 points that is points after 46 games. That has included (Before Smith) of 1.25 PPG from Steve Bruce and the current 2 PPG from the Saviour (After Smith). Using 2 PPG over the remaining 26 games. 

Basing this off last seasons final table will put us 4th

Thought of the day - If we win the remaining 26 games, we win the league.

Also worth noting in comparison to last season; current leaders Norwich would be sitting in 3rd place behind Wolves (47pts) and Cardiff (43pts)

And in a ghost race against ourselves, we are now only 5 points behind.

EDIT: just to point out as well, we are 5 points ahead of Fulham in a ghost race, if we can stay ahead of their ghost we will go up automatically

Edited by Junxs

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Us and Leeds going up and Forest through play off would be amazing.

All fantastic clubs in their own right

My thoughts exactly the other day.

Restoring Premier League order!

Just like the old days!

Borough could come up after lol, as I still haven't forgotten the bastards taking some of our best players from us.

We are 9 points away from top of the league and still have to play them.

Win that game and we have 25 other games to make up 6 points. No reason we shouldn't be going for automatic promotion. Teams made up 10 point differences in a month multiple times last season

• Like 1

I don't get why people just want all the traditionally big clubs to go up.  Football standings shouldn't be set in stone.

I think it's cool when a team comes all the way through the leagues.  I'm also looking forward to seeing Man Utd's status diminish further and further each year.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I don't get why people just want all the traditionally big clubs to go up.  Football standings shouldn't be set in stone.

I think it's cool when a team comes all the way through the leagues.  I'm also looking forward to seeing Man Utd's status diminish further and further each year.

Because it's better for english football to have the biggest clubs in the prem. Bigger club=Bigger fanbase, more income, more players to choose from=Bigger potential

You would always want the clubs with the bigger potential to stay and develop in the top flight

I think us & Norwich are streets ahead of anyone at this moment in time.  I think Norwich go up at a canter.  We're playing for 2nd and if we keep this up, we'll get it.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think us & Norwich are streets ahead of anyone at this moment in time.  I think Norwich go up at a canter.  We're playing for 2nd and if we keep this up, we'll get it.

It's all about opinions here but I see Norwich dropping off slightly. Leeds West Brom and stoke are the 3 to watch.

Stoke are an odd one but they have a shout for having the best squad and they are still within striking distance.

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

It's all about opinions here but I see Norwich dropping off slightly. Leeds West Brom and stoke are the 3 to watch.

Stoke are an odd one but they have a shout for having the best squad and they are still within striking distance.

Have you watched Norwich though?  They are flying.  They're destroying teams, and they gave us a lesson too.  Yes we've improved greatly since then, but they've been playing that well for a while now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think we are in a position to talk about that.

Let's focus getting in the top 6 and then let's take it from there.

Just now, BOF said:

Have you watched Norwich though?  They are flying.  They're destroying teams, and they gave us a lesson too.  Yes we've improved greatly since then, but they've been playing that well for a while now.

Oh don't be thinking this is based on anything but pure hunch!

My reasoning is their squad has been weakend since last year and they dropped off then. They seem to go behind a lot (like Rotherham sat) and you can't keep pulling them out of the bag.

They are on the crest of a wave atm but wonder how they will respond to a few defeats.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We'e not even in the top 6 and you're talking about winning the league. I think it's nonsense

Ah, that's the problem.  You've misread or misinterpreted my post.  I explicitly said Norwich go up at a canter.  We've just battered, Derby & Boro and I'm targetting 2nd.  You think that's nonsense then that's up to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Ah, that's the problem.  You've misread or misinterpreted my post.  I explicitly said Norwich go up at a canter.  We've just battered, Derby & Boro and I'm targetting 2nd.  You think that's nonsense then that's up to you.

I look at Leeds and Norwich being very consistent and i don't see them suddenly starting losing games left and center.

Top 6 for me as of now is the realistic aim, i'd love to be proven wrong though.

I said if we beat Middlesbrough I will get excited. I've slightly over shot this now!

I also think sky need to rip up their televised plans and just set up shop where ever we go!

• Like 1