18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

3 minutes ago, andym said:

The amount of chances we are creating against the top sides is ridiculous. 

Keep taking them, and sort out the keeper issue, and we can move up the table quickly

Boring taking digs at Bruce but this was obvious for few seasons. We have best attacking squad in division 

If results go against us, which given the fixtures could quite feasibly happen, we could be in ninth spot by the end of tomorrow, four points off the playoffs and 10 points off automatics. On paper, tonight was a decent result, but 2-1 up going into added time we should be seeing out the game. Could be very costly.

Im convinced we'll be top 2. We should have taken 6 from Forest and WBA. As the season wears on we'll be nore ruthless I think and take what we deserve more often.

We were robbed tonight. No other way of saying it. Wont happen every week. We'll chase them down. We'll definitely finish above the Baggies anyway.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Im convinced we'll be top 2. We should have taken 6 from Forest and WBA. As the season wears on we'll be nore ruthless I think and take what we deserve more often.

We were robbed tonight. No other way of saying it. Wont happen every week. We'll chase them down. We'll definitely finish above the Baggies anyway.

We'll most likely be 10 points behind LEeds tomorrow mate, 10 points.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

i can’t believe how bad our start to the season was. 

That's what i've been saying all these weeks lol.

I hate the fact that i'm proving myself right, absolutely hate it and if we had Smith from the start of the season we would be finishing top 2, no doubt, but we didn't. That said, i'm feeling very confident with this Villa team in play offs

Was impressed tonight, fair play, thought you attacked really well and defended better then you had before. 

Had the chances to win.

Robbed by a hand ball but got lucky with your 1st, swings in roundabouts.

But please stop wishing defeats on us, heartless barstewards😪

45 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

If results go against us, which given the fixtures could quite feasibly happen, we could be in ninth spot by the end of tomorrow, four points off the playoffs and 10 points off automatics. On paper, tonight was a decent result, but 2-1 up going into added time we should be seeing out the game. Could be very costly.

Yeah It’s frustrating when a point at the third place team feels like a defeat and sets us back. It’s relentless for the team at the moment.  They have to  play 6 of the top 9 teams in a row including back to back games  with 3rd, 4th and 5th place.  Respite against an improving Stoke team which is still a tough game and then up against second place Leeds. 

Ive said before keep within 10 points of top 2 by January and automatic promotion is still on the cards.

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Was impressed tonight, fair play, thought you attacked really well and defended better then you had before. 

Had the chances to win.

Robbed by a hand ball but got lucky with your 1st, swings in roundabouts.

But please stop wishing defeats on us, heartless barstewards😪

It’s nothing personal! We just need your spot! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Been out tonight so can’t comment on performance on either team but If you’d asked me what result I wanted it would have been a draw great chance on for Leeds to 6 clear of West Brom & 10 of Villa.

it would be typical of Leeds not to win tomorrow but if we did & Bolton next up with yourselves playing stoke & Swansea not the easiest when on their day I they could turn up. I’m hoping we get maximum points. We do have a couple of hard games with forest & derby at the turn of the year & yourselves just before Xmas but hopefully we can afford to take a point or loss here & there by then. I wouldn’t fancy your February & March though we you having to play sheff united, Birmingham, boro, derby, stoke. & West Brom 

I'd say another 58 points out of the next 75 on offer would secure automatic promotion. Doesn't sound that bad does it? We'd need just above 2ppg which I imagine we'd manage comfortably in the form we're in. How many teams are beating us? We dropped 4 points to Forest and West Brom  under freak conditions. We won't drop too many points I'd imagine as we tighten up.

Just now, Keyblade said:

I'd say another 58 points out of the next 75 on offer would secure automatic promotion. Doesn't sound that bad does it? We'd need just above 2ppg which I imagine we'd manage comfortably in the form we're in. How many teams are beating us? We dropped 4 points to Forest and West Brom  under freak conditions. We won't drop too many points I'd imagine as we tighten up.

i honestly dont see us getting automatic promotion, i think this season would be a success if we get in the playoffs tbh, i think our poor start under SB hurt us a lot.

58 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So. still half a season to go. Leeds pace has considerably dropped off since start of season

They are no Wolves

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

So. still half a season to go. Leeds pace has considerably dropped off since start of season

They are no Wolves

True but since the end of August we’ve been without the likes of ayling, beradi, bamford, Izzy brown, plus injuries to Roofe, Forshaw Douglas, Cooper, Janson for a number of games  we’ve been playing with 17,18,19 year olds in the meantime.  all players due back by January. So we could be come stronger come January 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah maybe. I still think what I think. Fulham came from way behind last year. I see us doing the same. We'll easily be play offs but I think we'll get that top 2 spot yet.

Just now, Mazrim said:

Yeah maybe. I still think what I think. Fulham came from way behind last year. I see us doing the same. We'll easily be play offs but I think we'll get that top 2 spot yet.

Fulham didn't make it to the automatic spots.

10 points is 4 games leeds and norwich have to lose while we have to win 4. The gap is too big. It's not like we wont drop anymore points as well cause we will.

We should now focus on getting inside the top 6 and then take it from there.

3 minutes ago, BigRed said:

True but since the end of August we’ve been without the likes of ayling, beradi, bamford, Izzy brown, plus injuries to Roofe, Forshaw Douglas, Cooper, Janson for a number of games  we’ve been playing with 17,18,19 year olds in the meantime.  all players due back by January. So we could be come stronger come January 

I dont disagree but at start of season you were blowing teams away and since then has been narrow victories. Was it Reading and Sheff United you got away with it. 

But sure you make your own luck in this division. Its just I am not afraid of Leeds and you guys are probably not afraid of us :)