18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just now, tinker said:

Football and it's fans are fickle, win and everything and everyone is great , lose and everything and everyone is poor. Smith brings believe and with our squad that's all we should need. 

Nyland was in a difficult position from day one , we had a record of iffy keepers then Johnston landed and seemed to be  the answer only for finances to take him away.

If Nyland can hold his nerve for a few games ,3-4, and not cost us then what he has gone though should make him stronger mentally, that's what makes a good keeper. He needs to perform or drop down a level. Fingers crossed he comes through 

I had said this in the Nyland thread but Nyland is a very good keeper and deserves time and patience  If we had one of the other keepers in our counter attack speed would be way down. It starts with Nyland his roll out to our players is why the build up starts so fast he is very good at it and I don't think the other keepers we've had in recent seasons can compete with him on that. There is also his away v home record, I was listening to the villa view, they said his record is actually better away than it is at home and say that it's prob the holte enters giving him crap lime they have been with Chester. There's been some rite abuse coming at some of our players both from social media and the holte end on home days, taylor has also been getting some abuse. Personally I don't u sweat and the levels of abuse coming out, players read it and it does nothing but put them off there game even more, abuse is wrong, criticism yeah fair enough.

Smith has already said Nyland is improving all the time, Smith also likes the way he plays, he plays to Smiths game. Nyland doesn't hold onto that ball and doesn't slow the game down, he gets it out to our defenders as fast as possible. Simple is that Nyland fits in and i dont think smith has any plans to replace him in january, at most buy another keeper for the competition which there isnt any at the moment.

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

1903854598.jpg

(Admittedly having never worn a flat cap, blazer, jean combo, I never knew the spelling was so sensitive...)

Sensitive you say? Us lot?  😜

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1

(Also in your example I'm guessing the Villainy may have something to do with the criminality, so therefore a clever play on words imo :thumb: )

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Seen enough to think it’s not too late after the mess Bruce left us in, results like today are dropped points but then again a point away from home.. have to hope it evens out eventually. 

I think it will be play offs, we needed that win bad, we was absolutely robbed.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Seen enough to think it’s not too late after the mess Bruce left us in, results like today are dropped points but then again a point away from home.. have to hope it evens out eventually. 

Hope what evens out? The refereeing? Because it won't. I definitely think we're good enough to go up automatically - we're outplaying everyone week in week out - but as long as we're down in this league we will always be cheated by the officials.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Good point away from home, should have been 3 but that's gone. Win our home games and draw away and we're flying. The injustice of that we will take out on Stoke.

As long as we put away the lesser teams we'll be fine. We've gone away to two of the best teams in the league in Derby and Middlesbrough and totally smashed them, and would've beaten West Brom away tonight were it not for cheating.

• Like 1

We will be fine.

WBA looked like old men for most of that second half, just shows the danger of having a slender lead in these type of games.

We'll finish above them and we won't be too far off top 2 if that happens.

Looking for 4 points off Stoke-Leeds and then 7 points off Swansea-PNE-QPR and we'll well in top 6 for new year, maybe not far off top 2. Way we're playing those are realistic predictions.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Weve nothing to fear in this league other than Nyland and crosses.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, and the shit goalkeeping of Orjan Nyland" - Franklin Roosevelt, 1933