18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, ASOWL said:

Its not the 70's, when I first went to Villa park in the old third division, and ive been every opportunity since, simply cos your ground  reeks football, same as Hillsborough, I knew Villa would be back...Too big not too...Financed by attendances, history etc...Wednesday the same...a simple matter of time.

Its different now...and I don't want to name clubs, cos it sounds disrespectful, jealous  and trite...but give me a break...I wouldn't cross the road to watch some of the teams in the Prem..Theres no history attached to it, 

One Shiek of a lambs tail or wallet and theres clubs climbing the leagues..Parachute payments that simply reward abject failure...A club comes down to The Championship with £100 million...While we consider selling the bloody ground to offset FFP?

For the record Hillsborough is one of the grounds I most want to visit. 

Unfortunately away days have tailed off for me since relegation, only been to a couple the last 3 years.

When watching matches on TV I've always been taken with the curve of the end of the stands.  I don't know why, they just seem atmospheric. 

As you say a proper football ground.  My Wolves supporting mate is always saying Villa Park is his favourite away ground for the same reason. 

I guess "stadiums" are taking over now, identikit ovals.  Completely soulless and to be despised in my opinion. 

Down with the stadium and up with the football ground I say. 

If there isn't a street of Victorian terraced houses you could throw a stone at from the stands your club should be closed down I reckon.  

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, av1 said:

That was the most painful thing last year, even when the Fulham boy got sent off i never really felt confident we would get one back. 

Whatever happens in terms of the result on Monday I'm confident I'll come away thinking we had a go. 

I’ve never known a game like last year really, it just seemed to be over really quickly and we never really had anything to get excited over, one run from Grealish and a half chance Hogan header toward the end, given that it was Hogan on the end of it - a no chance header at the end.

Win or lose, and man I hope its not the latter again, at least we should see us give it a go, create some actual chances and possibly stick the ball in the net one or more times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’ve never known a game like last year really, it just seemed to be over really quickly and we never really had anything to get excited over, one run from Grealish and a half chance Hogan header toward the end, given that it was Hogan on the end of it - a no chance header at the end.

Win or lose, and man I hope its not the latter again, at least we should see us give it a go, create some actual chances and possibly stick the ball in the net one or more times.

I would say it was the worst game I ever experienced but then I remember the Arsenal cup final. Just hope there isn't heartbreak this time. Too much riding on this.

On 20/05/2019 at 20:18, Mantis said:

In the new Wembley, just the one - the 2015 semi-final.

Our record there is pretty **** awful though:

2-1 defeat to Man United in LC final

3-0 defeat to Chelsea in FA Cup semi-final

2-1 victory over Liverpool in FA Cup semi-final

4-0 defeat to Arsenal in FA Cup final

1-0 defeat to Fulham in play-off final.

Or to put it another way, in the three finals we've had there, we've conceded 7 goals and scored one, and that was a penalty.

On the other hand, this is the first time we've actually been favourites at the new Wembley.

Personally I'm not very confident, but then again I was confident against West Brom, and I wasn't confident in most of the games we won during our winning streak.

I was at all those games except the 2-1 victory over Liverpool. I've only ever experienced heartbreak at Wembley...and I have a ticket to this one as well 🙈

5 hours ago, weedman said:

I was at all those games except the 2-1 victory over Liverpool. I've only ever experienced heartbreak at Wembley...and I have a ticket to this one as well 🙈

I hope you get man flu over the weekend :trollface:

6 hours ago, weedman said:

Think this games being played in Aberdeen, I’d fly up if I were you mate, maybe even make a weekend of it? 

Can someone nobble his VT account too? :trollface:

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, weedman said:

I hear the Police are turning a blind eye to Cannabis use at Wembley as long as you let them know you intend to smoke in the ground. Make yourself known to the Met on Monday morning. Enjoy the match...

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, av1 said:

I hope you get man flu over the weekend :trollface:

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Think this games being played in Aberdeen, I’d fly up if I were you mate, maybe even make a weekend of it? 

Can someone nobble his VT account too? :trollface:

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I hear the Police are turning a blind eye to Cannabis use at Wembley as long as you let them know you intend to smoke in the ground. Make yourself known to the Met on Monday morning. Enjoy the match...

Don't worry guys, this is the year when records are broken! It's time to break my Wembley curse!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

It's far bigger than a cup final. Winning or losing a cup final is nice/disappointing, but has no impact on the prospects for next season. This does, big time. 

It really is the money game. Most valuable game in world sport? 

I dont like that some Villa fans think this is guaranteed win, ive seen people say we are up already. Just hope this complacency doesn't kick into the players

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont like that some Villa fans think this is guaranteed win, ive seen people say we are up already. Just hope this complacency doesn't kick into the players

That'll be where John Terry earns his salary.  Feels like the sort of thing he'd be pacing around the dressing room barking at the team.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Confidence is justified. Thats all it is. Derby are no mugs and anybody thinking its in the bag will probably question that an hour or two before kick off.

No way the players will be thinking that way. We have the tools to win. If we play to our strengths we will win. Nothing is guaranteed.

This is our year though. Believe