18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-relegated-premier-league-11154723

The moment all Aston Villa fans were dreading, but expecting, has finally arrived.

Rock-bottom Villa have been relegated from the top-flight for the first time in 29 years.

Their fate was sealed with a defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford today, extending their Premier League losing run to nine successive matches.

Again they were given a short stay of execution when Sunderland beat relegation rivals Norwich at Carrow Road in the early kick off.

But this afternoon's 1-0 defeat to United, sealed by Marcus Rashford's first half goal, is the final nail in the claret and blue coffin.

And

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/05/aston-villa-plunged-financial-crisis-42m-tax-bill-leads-threat/

Aston Villa have been plunged into turmoil after being hit with a £4.2m tax bill by HMRC, while the Championship club have also suspended chief executive Keith Wyness.

Villa are under pressure to make the payment within seven days or face a winding-up order, while the prospect of administration cannot be completely discounted as the club count the cost of missing out on promotion.

It is understood Villa were late making the regular tax payment last Friday and though club sources insist the issue will be resolved this week, the West Midlanders are now gripped in a financial crisis.

Now

Let's not forget what we have been through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I remember discussing our chances of promotion with my Dad at about this point of the season. We had taken my daughters swimming at the time and we both agreed it was extremely unlikely. I said we would need to win almost all of the games left to have a chance of the playoffs, impossible we thought.

Then we won 10 on the bounce, unbelievable stuff. 

• Like 2