18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

9 hours ago, thejoker said:

It would be such a Villa thing to do - get to two playoff finals....and lose them both.

You should have been in Rotterdam.....It was good training for us fans to know what Commitment is.

We do that, we win.

Man Utd under Big Ron......Leeds  under Brian Little......We have had our successes.....The latest **** runs was because we didn't apply ourselves properly, hopefully that's behind us now ..with this team spirit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, New_Hope said:

We are now ready for a return to the top flight and all this in the space of a season.  I remember Graham Taylor saying that when you get it right, big clubs can turn around very quickly.

This time last year, i didn't think we were ready.  We would have done a Fulham but with poor antiquated  Bruceball and poor infrastructure, management and forward planning.

Now, we have good football being coached and implemented with Purslow pulling the management strings and forward planning looks to be put in place too.

I'm excited and this week is going to be a long week!

I agree totally about us not being ready. Obviously I would rather us have won, but I think most of us here knew that we'd have had to get rid of Bruce at some point in the season even in (or especially in) the Premier League. Our squad was also weaker.

We really have to take this chance now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s Lord of the Rings Bean isn’t it? You need GoT Bean for that to work ;)

That is GoT Ned Stark. Not Boromir. And yes, nerd etc...

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Shittin hell! In just over a weeks time we could be excitedly looking forward to the premier league fixtures being announced! 

I hope so.

11 hours ago, New_Hope said:

We are now ready for a return to the top flight and all this in the space of a season.  I remember Graham Taylor saying that when you get it right, big clubs can turn around very quickly.

This time last year, i didn't think we were ready.  We would have done a Fulham but with poor antiquated  Bruceball and poor infrastructure, management and forward planning.

Now, we have good football being coached and implemented with Purslow pulling the management strings and forward planning looks to be put in place too.

I'm excited and this week is going to be a long week!

The thought of Xia and Wyness running the club with Premier League revenue scares the hell out of me!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 18/05/2019 at 15:05, Cjay said:

We are miles clear of FFP if thats why you mention the wages, all indicators suggest between £20-30mil.

We won without Bamford first leg, missed chances to put the tie to bed but thats been a problem all season Bamford or not. A small part maybe regarding Berardi but we were mentally gone by this point anyways.

I am worried about Bielsa but id rather be us then you if you dont go up.

3 of your key players all loans will go, Grealish and  McGinn may go load of contracts up arent they.

You squad would need a total overhaul.

Even if they gk we will get around 40-50m for them and it would be very hard to replace them but not impossible. I know what position I'd rather be

23 hours ago, TRO said:

You should have been in Rotterdam.....It was good training for us fans to know what Commitment is.

We do that, we win.

Man Utd under Big Ron......Leeds  under Brian Little......We have had our successes.....The latest **** runs was because we didn't apply ourselves properly, hopefully that's behind us now ..with this team spirit.

110% Commitment in Rotterdam

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Shittin hell! In just over a weeks time we could be excitedly looking forward to the premier league fixtures being announced! 

one of us will.

On 19/05/2019 at 09:52, meregreen said:

Read somewhere that 86% of clubs who return to Wembley after losing the previous play off final.........win 😊

I read somewhere that 100% of the teams that score the most goals ......win.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

How confident are people feeling?

I'm not sure why (well I do, I'm a huge pessimist with all things Villa), but after last year I can not visualise anything other that walking out of that Stadium heartbroken again. Am I the only one?

48 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

How confident are people feeling?

I'm not sure why (well I do, I'm a huge pessimist with all things Villa), but after last year I can not visualise anything other that walking out of that Stadium heartbroken again. Am I the only one?

nope. as someone on here said, you have to lose all hope and become empty inside to support the villa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1