18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just now, The_Rev said:

Never in doubt, was it? 

Could have got 40-1 after the first win of 10, don't normally gamble but just felt I should - wife said no. For the best though, was difficult enough to watch the last 3 games. 

Congratulations everybody. I couldn’t control my nerves before our goal and after their goal. Since playoffs was confirmed, I was nervous and thought the best way is not to think of it. Having Derby instead of Leeds made it much easier in terms of nerves. But still I was really nervous in the last two days. Glad we made it. Up The Villa.

Its strange that I can’t think of Premier League. Its really different than the one we relegated from. Atleast we have good money coming, much better than staying down there for another season. Although it was a nice change being down there for a while.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jim said:

Who did I have the bet with? It’s not next season but I’ll honour it @Vive_La_Villa was it you? If so name your charity!

It was mate but technically I lost the bet with you and a few other people as the bet was we would be challenging for top 2 come 2020. It’s not going to happen now :)

Crazy when you consider how bleak things looked less than a year ago, the club staring into the abyss.

Billionaire owners who, along with a clued up CEO, appear to know what they’re doing. A winning run that surpassed anything that’s gone before; some stunning out of the blue wins; some frankly bizarre games (the home games against Forest, Sheff Utd) two derby day wins, both of which will be remembered for years to come; multiple contenders for goal of the season - all culminating in a determined win at Wembley having dispatched the Baggies along the way for good measure.

And this taking place under the management of a Villa supporter and the side being captained by a Villa supporter. That in itself is pretty notable.

There’s probably a load of things I’ve not included there (The Cabbage for one), but taking it all into account, since supporting them from the early 90’s, for me there aren’t too many seasons that can really compete with this one.

• Like 2

On 24/05/2019 at 00:07, weedman said:

I was at all those games except the 2-1 victory over Liverpool. I've only ever experienced heartbreak at Wembley...and I have a ticket to this one as well 🙈

On 24/05/2019 at 13:02, weedman said:

Don't worry guys, this is the year when records are broken! It's time to break my Wembley curse!

WE DID IT!!! 5th time lucky!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Woah

Washing up in the kitchen, put Spotify on, Sweet Caroline boots up, awesome, I sing along. Then Don't look back in anger, I checked to see it wasn't my Villa playlist. It wasn't.

**** mental washing up with tears in my eyes 😁😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dick said:

**** mental washing up with tears in my eyes 😁😂

Yes, washing up liquids these days are very powerful, those fumes can really irritate the eyes. 

(Got your back bro)