18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

How confident are people feeling?

I'm not sure why (well I do, I'm a huge pessimist with all things Villa), but after last year I can not visualise anything other that walking out of that Stadium heartbroken again. Am I the only one?

I was really confident but after watching the Leeds derby highlights again I’m a little scared. 

Edit: I’ve only ever seen Villa at Wembley twice. Once when we beat Leeds 3-0 and the other when we beat Liverpool 2-1. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

How confident are people feeling?

I'm not sure why (well I do, I'm a huge pessimist with all things Villa), but after last year I can not visualise anything other that walking out of that Stadium heartbroken again. Am I the only one?

I'm feeling confident because we are the better team of the two, in my estimation.

All things being equal, we'll prevail assuming we play the match and not the occasion.

The fact is we're not so much better than Derby that the team who does the former will certainly beat whichever team succumbs to the latter. I think we've got the team to beat them and the experience and coolness to cope with the occasion, so I'm confident.

But...it could all go Pete. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: I’ve only ever seen Villa at Wembley twice. Once when we beat Leeds 3-0 and the other when we beat Liverpool 2-1. 

Please say you are going Monday pal?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I am indeed mate. The hatrick. 

Unfortunately, I'm also going, and saw us lose last year, 2 FA Cup finals, and the League Cup....I've never seen us win at either Wembley. 😐 

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Unfortunately, I'm also going, and saw us lose last year, 2 FA Cup finals, and the League Cup....I've never seen us win at either Wembley. 😐 

Please... Don't go.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Selfish! I'm a reasonable man. I will take your ticket off you. I've only been to Wembley once vs Liverpool so i'm 1 for 1 😂

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So it's 3rd...no 4th....no 5th time lucky for you old boy ;)

Just wonder if the media circus that surrounds Frank Lampards Derby might help to take some pressure off us.

We are expected to win .They have underdog status and combined with the young players they have, who probably will have much less pressure on them compared to Jack.They reached the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and they probably feel lucky to have got this far.

Can we take our recent league form and play like that at Wembley .Its not guaranteed.I am feeling nervous about this game ,what must Dean and Jack be feeling.Is it going to affect their performance?

This is the biggest game Dean,Mcginn Elgazi,Steer and Axel have been involved in.Lets hope they can handle the pressure.

21 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

Just wonder if the media circus that surrounds Frank Lampards Derby might help to take some pressure off us.

We are expected to win .They have underdog status and combined with the young players they have, who probably will have much less pressure on them compared to Jack.They reached the playoffs by the skin of their teeth and they probably feel lucky to have got this far.

Can we take our recent league form and play like that at Wembley .Its not guaranteed.I am feeling nervous about this game ,what must Dean and Jack be feeling.Is it going to affect their performance?

This is the biggest game Dean,Mcginn Elgazi,Steer and Axel have been involved in.Lets hope they can handle the pressure.

Mings and Tammy too. 

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We're not great at Wembley, are we?

Have we even won a game there, ever?

Trolling at its best.