18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We're not great at Wembley, are we?

Have we even won a game there, ever?

In the new Wembley, just the one - the 2015 semi-final.

Our record there is pretty **** awful though:

2-1 defeat to Man United in LC final

3-0 defeat to Chelsea in FA Cup semi-final

2-1 victory over Liverpool in FA Cup semi-final

4-0 defeat to Arsenal in FA Cup final

1-0 defeat to Fulham in play-off final.

Or to put it another way, in the three finals we've had there, we've conceded 7 goals and scored one, and that was a penalty.

On the other hand, this is the first time we've actually been favourites at the new Wembley.

Personally I'm not very confident, but then again I was confident against West Brom, and I wasn't confident in most of the games we won during our winning streak.

Edited by Mantis

5 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

How confident are people feeling?

I'm not sure why (well I do, I'm a huge pessimist with all things Villa), but after last year I can not visualise anything other that walking out of that Stadium heartbroken again. Am I the only one?

Only if you have a Derby shirt on......

Its all on the day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dick said:

Not liking how calm I feel. Not liking how positive I feel. This isn't the norm.

Don’t worry, there’s plenty of us convinced we will conspire to fail to more than balance your confidence.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

Don’t worry, there’s plenty of us convinced we will conspire to fail to more than balance your confidence.

I'm almost tempted to bet on us to lose, because I'm really really shit at betting and usually lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

I'm almost tempted to bet on us to lose, because I'm really really shit at betting and usually lose.

There's literally no downside to betting on us losing. We're the favourites so you'll get good odds. If we win, you won't care that you've lost £10/£20 or whatever and if we lose, you'll be just as upset but at least you'll have some extra money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

There's literally no downside to betting on us losing. We're the favourites so you'll get good odds. If we win, you won't care that you've lost £10/£20 or whatever and if we lose, you'll be just as upset but at least you'll have some extra money.

I win £230 if we get promoted so guess I should be hedging that.  

I hate hedging my bets though. 

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

£30, done.

I’m calm. If we lose it’s because we beat ourselves and if that’s the case we don’t deserve to go up.

We are better than Derby. They know that, we know that. We just have the task of showing up on the day and proving it. 

If we play anywhere near our best they won’t live with us. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mantis said:

Or to put it another way, in the three finals we've had there, we've conceded 7 goals and scored one, and that was a penalty.

On the other hand, this is the first time we've actually been favourites at the new Wembley.

Personally I'm not very confident, but then again I was confident against West Brom, and I wasn't confident in most of the games we won during our winning streak.

It’s not often we go into a Wembley final against a team that finished below us in the league either.

See above all games against top four premier sides.....then last year we played the most in form team in the division to top it off.

If we could have picked our opponents 9/10 Villa fans we have picked Derby!

Edited by MarkLillis

17 hours ago, Mantis said:

It's not surprising we have lost so many at Wembley when the opposition consists of Man United , Chelsea and Arsenal. Fulham were favourites last year as well.

This villa squad is stronger than Derby's. If we play to our full potential and keep the nerves under control we win. 

On 21/05/2019 at 08:16, Mantis said:

I "emotionally hedge" just about every week against the Villa. It's the only way I regularly bet on sport.

Traditionally it's quite lucrative but the win streak absolutely destroyed my online betting account. 😁

I'll be dumping just about everything i've got in there on Derby to be promoted, just waiting to see if the odds go further out for them.