18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We've had a pretty bloody good season haven't, all things considered? :)

Yep, could have been very different if it wasn't for the cabbage 😍

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I'm coming from Australia, was lucky to get a ticket from Club Wembley through a ballot. Looking forward to the game and a Villa win!

Good man!

Thats a long journey.

Hopefully they make your dedication worth the trip.

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Thanks mate, my friends think I'm crazy travelling halfway around the world for a football match. But it's Villa, a team I've supported since I was seven years old in the 70's, I feel a bit of history is about to be made. Go Villa!

They're both right and wrong I suppose. UTV!

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Thanks mate, my friends think I'm crazy travelling halfway around the world for a football match. But it's Villa, a team I've supported since I was seven years old in the 70's, I feel a bit of history is about to be made. Go Villa!

Fair play to you mate!

Hope we get you a good result

4 hours ago, QldVilla said:

If I wasn’t convinced we were going to win before. I am now. 

9 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

We know !

At least this year we will be going there to try and win

That was the most painful thing last year, even when the Fulham boy got sent off i never really felt confident we would get one back. 

Whatever happens in terms of the result on Monday I'm confident I'll come away thinking we had a go. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Whatever happens in terms of the result on Monday I'm confident I'll come away thinking we had a go. 

100% this

Also, win or lose the club won't be in danger being liquidated. So in some ways it's  a win-win compared to last year.

20 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

We know !

At least this year we will be going there to try and win

saddest thing was fulham decided to simply give in and take the drop again...One way of making money I suppose....but it does sod all to keep the leagues healthy

Edited by ASOWL
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, ASOWL said:

I have honestly seen players at Hillsborough who don't want the ball...you can see it...It can be a bearpit when things are going t*ts up.

Rife at Villa the last 5 years. Even still this season it's common if Jack isn't there to hold the hands of most.

10 minutes ago, ASOWL said:

Sorry..seems i'm still not allowed to plus posts...But i agree mate

We have had it for long periods with Bannan, forget what game it was this year..night match at Hillsborough, where Bannan bust a gut to keep the ball in on the by line, to carry on an attack..he ran 40 yds, slid on his ar*e to slide it to another player...flew into the hoardings, said player...passed it straight back to him while he was sat in the North stand in the disabled section FFS!...sheer lack of taking responsibility...

Ive got 20 years of these bloody ridiculous stories

Leon Clarke...some years ago , night match in February....He trotted out in gloves and a bloody snood...first thing he did was try an overhead kick, volley it into his own face... then span around 3 times looking for the ball!!

I collapsed laughing on The Eastbank, 

Bloke next to me said 

"why are you laughing?"

I said.."Why in the name of f.ook aren't you!?"

its heart rending, its bl;eak..its sheer black humour that keeps you going....I'm sodding 60 now...The odd glimpse of sunshine, then years of unmitigated garbage...

i treat it like a circus now...i take it all in the moment....But I can't stop going....

If it was a movie..and I knew it was crap, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it...I wouldn't bloody go...

But come saturday, blue and white scarf on..wander down penistone Rd...and there I sit again...

screamin

"its happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bloody football....Hate it!

That isn’t going to change with Bruce in charge mate.

At least with Smith you know they are practising a passing game day in day out and he wants players that are comfortable with the ball. Less chance of them fearing it.

1 hour ago, ASOWL said:

Sorry..seems i'm still not allowed to plus posts...But i agree mate

We have had it for long periods with Bannan, forget what game it was this year..night match at Hillsborough, where Bannan bust a gut to keep the ball in on the by line, to carry on an attack..he ran 40 yds, slid on his ar*e to slide it to another player...flew into the hoardings, said player...passed it straight back to him while he was sat in the North stand in the disabled section FFS!...sheer lack of taking responsibility...

Ive got 20 years of these bloody ridiculous stories

Leon Clarke...some years ago , night match in February....He trotted out in gloves and a bloody snood...first thing he did was try an overhead kick, volley it into his own face... then span around 3 times looking for the ball!!

I collapsed laughing on The Eastbank, 

Bloke next to me said 

"why are you laughing?"

I said.."Why in the name of f.ook aren't you!?"

its heart rending, its bl;eak..its sheer black humour that keeps you going....I'm sodding 60 now...The odd glimpse of sunshine, then years of unmitigated garbage...

i treat it like a circus now...i take it all in the moment....But I can't stop going....

If it was a movie..and I knew it was crap, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it...I wouldn't bloody go...

But come saturday, blue and white scarf on..wander down penistone Rd...and there I sit again...

screamin

"its happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bloody football....Hate it!

Change the player names and you could easily be talking about Villa from the last decade or so. Thankfully in Smith we seem to have found a goodun. 

We may not beat Derby but I'm now confident moving forward. Wednesday are a big club and with the history and fanbase I'm sure things will come good though it's probably taken much longer than you would have liked/expected.

This league is mental, Leeds finished bottom half last season and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory this year. Cardiff came from a relegation battle and got automatic promotion, i could go on. Things can change very quickly. 

As a Villa fan i can't fill you with to much optimism regarding Bruce, but sometimes certain people just fit certain situations so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that you could have a great season next year. I'm old school so I'd love to see you in the PL.