18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Pulis' dirty cheating bastards. Still, it was at the boglins expense so no drama.

It's really not worth worrying about other teams atm. For all we know Middlesbrough will be relegated so this is a great result.

The only thing that matters is our points!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Only 41 games to go after tomorrow.

Honestly the could cut the number of teams in this league by half and it still would be a drag.

Still, imagine how much it would drag had Tony not sold up.

Shudder to think of the team we would be putting out!

• Like 3

I said I fancy Boro to be in the top two this year and I will stick by that. We have only played one half decent side in brentford the rest we should have beaten. if we are playing catchup by December when we have that horrific run of games I think we will slide down the table. 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You know what? I actually love it! We play so many games that the league is totally immersive, unlike the PL with a week or more between games, there’s some weeks of the Championship where you get a game every 4 days.

I don’t get a chance to forget about football, it’s either the day or two after a game, the day before a game, or match day.

I genuinely enjoy it. Obv can’t wait til we’re back in the PL as it’s where we belong. But I love the amount of football in the league.

Nice!

I watch a lot of other football (when I have the time) so a lack of football is not an issue.

Problem for me is I have no relationship with the Championship, most of the clubs nor the players in them.

I look at the schedule and we are playing Whatsitpool or Rothersomething.

I look at the rosters and didn't he play 1 game for us back in 2007? And that guy came though the Chelsea academy a bout a decade ago didn't he?

Then the football starts and for the most parts it, let's be polite and say it's not the style of football I enjoy. Kudos to them for their hustle, some of them really try.

My problem is I compare it to the football I watch in the PL, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and CL...

It's like another sport, the technique, passing, movement, tactics, pace, patterns...

Then I look at our team again and think that this guy over there is earning £30-50k/w and can hardly move or pass the ball, and the guys I watched last night in that game from Portugal isn't even earning 1/5th of that and they could all do it, easily.

I'ts a combination of things, but I really do not enjoy the Championship one bit. The Play Off final is a nice spectacle (not last season obviously) but that about it.

But I did follow Wolves project last season as closely as I could be bothered to. Thought it was very interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I think Boro will be top 6 but not top 2. I'm not that impressed with them to be honest.

I'm suprised I think they have been very good. Difficult to break down and don't concede much. The style of football is crap but it's effective. 

I think they will finish above leeds

2 hours ago, sne said:

Nice!

I watch a lot of other football (when I have the time) so a lack of football is not an issue.

Problem for me is I have no relationship with the Championship, most of the clubs nor the players in them.

I look at the schedule and we are playing Whatsitpool or Rothersomething.

Derby, Forest, Blues, Baggies, Leeds, Ipswich, Blackburn, etc ? Boro , the 2 Sheffield’s, QPR ?

All Clubs that we have a real history with.....and, for the most part, who have a decent association with top League and/ or Cup football.

Your other points I understand ( don’t share them, I find watching people being able to pass a ball around astoundingly dull) but I’m not sure how you see the League as being populated by unknown teams.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

You know what? I actually love it! We play so many games that the league is totally immersive, unlike the PL with a week or more between games, there’s some weeks of the Championship where you get a game every 4 days.

I don’t get a chance to forget about football, it’s either the day or two after a game, the day before a game, or match day.

I genuinely enjoy it. Obv can’t wait til we’re back in the PL as it’s where we belong. But I love the amount of football in the league.

Wholeheartedly agree. It’s great. I will miss it.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Derby, Forest, Blues, Baggies, Leeds, Ipswich, Blackburn, etc ? Boro , the 2 Sheffield’s, QPR ?

All Clubs that we have a real history with.....and, for the most part, who have a decent association with top League and/ or Cup football.

Your other points I understand ( don’t share them, I find watching people being able to pass a ball around astoundingly dull) but I’m not sure how you see the League as being populated by unknown teams.

That's why I wrote most in the post you quoted.

They showed 1 game a week of English football on telly when I grew up up until the mid 90's or so and there was no internet. By then I could also watch Serie A every week and the Swedish league still had 1 team who could beat almost every team in Europe on their day.

Most weeks it was Liverpool or Nottingham. Luckily Villa was on a lot the years I became interested in football (early 80's)  so they became my team.

Obviously I've seen all the names of the clubs in the league in the papers or flashing by on FA cup week and of course any team that played top flight football in the last 25 years or so are house hold names.

But say Reading means as much to me as Degerfors means to you.

The fact that we are slowly becoming one of those clubs you mention who used to be good back in the day just makes it worse.

Just now, terrytini said:

@sneI’ve a brother lives in Sweden and he loves Swedish football......because ( in his view) it’s like the Championship !

In some way's yes.

Swedish football has been massively influenced by English football since the late 70's thanks to Bob Haughton and Roy Hodgson who came here and revolutionized the game.

With the money in football now the Swedish league is a nothing league where any talent is instantly moved on to someplace abroad.

In the last 5 years or so there is a bit of a generation change among the managers with a lot of younger guys (among the King Olof) who are not as influenced by the English game.

But in large parts Swedish football still very much have the English game at heart.