New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Some reasons why Henry would excite me:

- by most accounts he is a scholar of the game, takes a very analytical view to coaching & tactics 

- he has achieved great things in football and would command the respect of the entire dressing room on this basis

- inspiring for our younger players to have an idol like Henry working with them

- a huge draw for attracting talented young players

• Like 3

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

- by most accounts he is a scholar of the game, takes a very analytical view to coaching & tactics 

- he has achieved great things in football and would command the respect of the entire dressing room on this basis

- inspiring for our younger players to have an idol like Henry working with them

Also he has played under some top managers as has terry and they will have learnt a lot from those experiences .

Imagine training at bodymoor under 2 legends of the game , far cry from Agnew and calderwood

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Fair point, but we thought the same about Bielsa and as of yet that hasnt really been the case. 

Would seem unlikely you would be able to spend big in January without sales anyways wouldn't it? 

Depends on whether there is way around FFP.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends on whether there is way around FFP.

I think they will find a way as others have done .

However I think it’s imperative we go up this  season 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

All great points, but what if hes no good at the managing thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Also he has played under some top managers as has terry and they will have learnt a lot from those experiences .

Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish, Paul Lambert, Remi Garde, Roberto Di Matteo all played under top managers too

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

arguably everything that was said about Ole Gunnar Solskjær

not that I'm against the Henry appointment

• Like 1

There has been a plethora of articles and a whole heap of speculation, but not one spoken fact from anyone concerned, apart from two denials of contact.

Smith and Rodgers have both said that they have not been contacted yet (in response to direct questioning).

Click bait journalists and bookies see us as a nice little earner during this period of stasis.

I'm still hoping for Smith, Wilder or Rodgers although all three are looking improbable.

I would welcome Henri (with some trepidation) as he would be the epitome of trying to break into the current era of attacking tactics and coaching. If Terry were to be part of the package then defending, discipline and attitude should improve dramatically.

There are still so many imponderables, so I guess patience is once again going to have to become a virtue on here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Steve Bruce, Alex McLeish, Paul Lambert, Remi Garde, Roberto Di Matteo all played under top managers too

Roy Keane too, along with loads of other non villa.  This is the crux, it has gone wrong far more time than it gone right!

Edited by Nigel

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

There has been a plethora of articles and a whole heap of speculation, but not one spoken fact from anyone concerned, apart from two denials of contact.

Smith and Rodgers have both said that they have not been contacted yet (in response to direct questioning).

Click bait journalists and bookies see us as a nice little earner during this period of stasis.

I'm still hoping for Smith, Wilder or Rodgers although all three are looking improbable.

I would welcome Henri (with some trepidation) as he would be the epitome of trying to break into the current era of attacking tactics and coaching. If Terry were to be part of the package then defending, discipline and attitude should improve dramatically.

There are still so many imponderables, so I guess patience is once again going to have to become a virtue on here.

Thanks, that means a lot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Have a like for using the word plethora in your post.

It means a lot to everyone.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Roy Keane too.  This is the crux, it has gone wrong far more time than it gone right!

Everything in football has. That’s the nature of competitions with just one winner - even with some punching above their weigh you know that most seasons, most of the time, a majority of teams will be disappointed at their performance.

The thing that concerns me about Henry is that's he hasn't done the time as an assistant in club football, nor had the time to bed down his coaching philosophy and methodology. 

Villa will be the guinea pigs, could be a good thing, but can the club really afford to take this chance...

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder what everyone thought of the great Guardiola not knowing Mahrez's awful penalty record? If that had been Bruce it would have been all the usual slurs........

We'll it wouldn't. Guardiola gave a man's answer that made sense. He said I've watched Mahrez all week smashing in penalties, so I made the decision to let him take it. I was wrong it's my fault.

Bruce didn't have the balls to watch Whelans penalty, turned his back. He also had no idea who was best placed to take it, and didn't do his job and make a decision.

Good riddance 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Imagine training at bodymoor under 2 legends of the game , far cry from Agnew and calderwood

It’ll be Angew experience for some of them.