New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would bring excitement, media, and sponsorship opportunities too imo.

But are you not tired of us being the circus act ? Wouldn't it be nice to be just run like a normal football club with serious coaching of players on a daily basis. I don't care for all the stuff u mentioned. That the reason u started supporting villa as a kid ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But are you not tired of us being the circus act ? Wouldn't it be nice to be just run like a normal football club with serious coaching of players on a daily basis. I don't care for all the stuff u mentioned. That the reason u started supporting villa as a kid ?

Normal clubs are for the 'old school's managers.....we need to be better than normal and embark on an exciting new adventure....things have moved on greatly, on so should we!

Edited by westholmevillan
Spelling

47 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Whatever we do is a risk - we’ve gone down the tried and tested routes before and it’s not worked out - all  managers have to start somewhere 

I don't agree. The clubs owners have over the past decade made some poor decisions on appointments. If we're going to sign an inexperienced manager then it should be Rui Furia, at least he had nearly 20 years as Mourinho's assistant, if he can't coach, then it's far far less a risk than Henry with no assistant experience.

Personally, if he is interested, and he hasn't come out and said not interested, yet, I believe Rodgers is the man and the club should do all it can to sign him. 

Rodgers....no thanks!  He is an 'experienced' manager who went to Scotland to get away from the pressure of managing in England.  I think he would find it extremely difficult if/when he decides to come back down south!.....just my opinion of course!

Wouldn't be averse to Thierry Henry personally. By all accounts he is a proper student of the game. I think he is articulate enough to get his message across to players and he will command respect for his achievements in the game. Not sure JT as assistant makes sense though. Not sure they ever really got on did they?

My personal choice would be Rui Faria with John Terry as assistant.  I know nothing is proven until they prove it, but Mourinho speaks so highly of him and is adamant Faria has everything needed to manage on of the worlds top clubs. You could argue that Morinho has suffered without his trusted right hand man this season.

He is recognised as one of the best coaches of tactical periodization is the game....a coaching methodology utilised by most if not all of the top coaches in the world. I've no doubt he would transform us.  He was pictured at Stamford Bridge the other week watching the Chelsea v Liverpool game with Michael Essien. Essien has just completed his Uefa B licence.....maybe he could join the setup as first team coach maybe?

All pie in the sky I know but......

21 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

To be fair, Henry and Terry might be the best coaches around for all we know.

On 07/10/2018 at 19:32, TRO said:

Sometimes a new dawn.......needs new thinking.

fortune really does favour the brave.

Not always. Sherwood and Garde were both bold appointments that failed spectacularly. 

Hopefully the new owners will not be making any gambles on our future and instead appoint someone with good managerial credentials. With our FFP situation this really is the worst time in our history to be making a wild stab in the dark. Which is exactly what Henry would be as he hasn't managed for even a single minute in his career.

If this appointment fails, we are buggered.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think Henry and terry are both winners and I’d expect the coaching to be far better than under the likes of calderwood  and clemence - far from being a circus act I’d expect both to be very professional in their work  

Edited by Eastie

1 hour ago, AJ said:

My take is that Rogers is a bit meh, but he will have my support.

I was unsure about Henry, as he was too much of a gamble, ,but I am warming to him. I read his Wiki page, and he is such a winner. Captained Arsenal at some stage, leading goal scorer, POTY, 9th most marketable sportsperson, lots and lots of international caps, yada yada yada. If the guy fell off a cliff, gravity will decide to take the day off. The guy cant do wrong.

As for Dwight Yorke, I am glad some comedy has come out of all this. Having Dwight Yorke in a managerial race is like those " fun"  candidates during an election, which somebody puts up their cocker spaniel as a candidate. Thanks Dwight, very funny, but no.

screen-shot-2017-06-09-at-04-18-52.png

That's Dwight second from the right.

At least this time we are being linked with decent candidates like Henry , Rodgers and Faria all of which I’d be happy with , a big improvement from the likes of pardew, Bruce, moyes etc of the past 

• Like 3

:lol:

Sky Sports trying to open up the betting market again. They should not be able to do this shit. 

Today alone they have courted Rodgers, Petrov & Martinez for the Villa job. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

screen-shot-2017-06-09-at-04-18-52.png

That's Dwight second from the right.

I thought that was his Bloser supporting uncle Darth Yorke.

You know, the one encouraging others to embrace the dark side, and becoming one with the farce?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Not always. Sherwood and Garde were both bold appointments that failed spectacularly. 

Hopefully the new owners will not be making any gambles on our future and instead appoint someone with good managerial credentials. With our FFP situation this really is the worst time in our history to be making a wild stab in the dark. Which is exactly what Henry would be as he hasn't managed for even a single minute in his career.

If this appointment fails, we are buggered.

If any appointment fails, you could say that.

I think the conditions that Sherwood and Garde operated in are quite different to now.....also Garde in particular is not on the same confidence level as JT & TH.

Admittedly they are new to this, just like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, even Darren Moore.......but hey they have not been ordinary players, they have played at the top end of the game.

Kevin MacDonald said our lot need to tidy their individual game up and they will rise up the league, it sounds like a bit of a BMH problem has crept in......who better than them to work on this.

I think, we will never have another opportunity like this......lets grab it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

If any appointment fails, you could say that.

I think the conditions that Sherwood and Garde operated in are quite different to now.....also Garde in particular is not on the same confidence level as JT & TH.

Admittedly they are new to this, just like Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, even Darren Moore.......but hey they have not been ordinary players, they have played at the top end of the game.

Kevin MacDonald said our lot need to tidy their individual game up and they will rise up the league, it sounds like a bit of a BMH problem has crept in......who better than them to work on this.

I think, we will never have another opportunity like this......lets grab it.

Agreed and to add to this have have been coached and managed by many of the best out there.

They will have gleaned a lot of information from some top quality, high calibre managers and coaches they have worked under.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

:lol:

Sky Sports trying to open up the betting market again. They should not be able to do this shit. 

Today alone they have courted Rodgers, Petrov & Martinez for the Villa job. 

IIRC he wouldn't leave Wigan for us in the Premier League but he would leave Belgium for us in the championship? Weird 

• Like 1