New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Faria is still in the running too I reckon.

Hear that a few people had some very significant bets on that late last week (which explains the price crashing in)....I always believe there to be truth in wacky rumours, in fact the more insane the link, the more smoke there usually is. Faria really is one from left field, won't be surprised if it happens.

11 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Apparently there's potential for a bit of a rift. 

The owners want Henry like they did in summer which is why we've approached him and all the stories are out that he's the man. 

Purslow wants a process involving approaching Rogers, Smith and Howe and decide at the end of that interview process. 

Hence contrasting media reports. Very interesting. 

Purslow sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I imagine in the previous regime they identified someone and brought them straight in without an interview or asking any questions on the managers vision for the club. 

If we keep hiring managers without identifying a clear football style to go forward with we will be back in this position in a few years time.

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Purslow sounds like he knows what he's talking about. I imagine in the previous regime they identified someone and brought them straight in without an interview or asking any questions on the managers vision for the club. 

If we keep hiring managers without identifying a clear football style to go forward with we will be back in this position in a few years time.

Yeah, I think it makes sense to interview a couple. I'm only repeating what Nixon is saying. I'd buy it as it kind of ties in with why there are such vastly differing reports. Some saying Henry is done, some saying we're speaking to Celtic this week. 

I hope it's done soon so we can crack on and have a couple of weeks for the new manager and players who aren't away on international duty to gel and train. 

I am for giving Henry a shot at the job, but I am not naive.

We saw it at Birmingham not long ago, new owners coming in, knowing **** all about football and just hiring someone on the back of a name.

If Purslow thinks there is any chance of getting Rodgers and is having to fight to bring an established manager to the club, that is worrying.

24 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

The owners want Henry like they did in summer which is why we've approached him and all the stories are out that he's the man. 

Purslow wants a process involving approaching Rogers, Smith and Howe and decide at the end of that interview process. 

Love this type of stuff!

The owners do a good job of keeping their cards to their chest, this information would not get out with fear of repercussions.

More than likely folks have just jumped on Sunday tabloid rumours and have since tried to backtrack.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

You lost me at 'Howe' I'm afraid

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I am for giving Henry a shot at the job, but I am not naive.

We saw it at Birmingham not long ago, new owners coming in, knowing **** all about football and just hiring someone on the back of a name.

If Purslow thinks there is any chance of getting Rodgers and is having to fight to bring an established manager to the club, that is worrying.

Thats what bothers me to be honest. Sure Rodgers could come here come a cropper - But to me it would be the club showing 'whatever it takes' to get there chosen man.

Henry would smack of a high profile appt from a guy who supports Arsenal and watched Henry as a player.

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Love this type of stuff!

The owners do a good job of keeping their cards to their chest, this information would not get out with fear of repercussions.

More than likely folks have just jumped on Sunday tabloid rumours and have since tried to backtrack.

I honestly think the process started today. Hence Smith, Rodgers, the Belgian FA  all adamant at the weekend that they haven't been contacted. 

The paper talk is just that ....talk.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Petrov - No 

Henry - Maybe

Henry/Terry - Yes

Rodgers - Big Yes

No room for sentiment here with Petrov I'm afraid.

Henry - yes

Henry/Terry - yes

Rodgers - no for me (tried and tested, old school sort of appointment that we’ve done so many times)

With Henry/Terry or Henry and a n other, It’s the fresh approach that appeals to me. Maybe there might be space for Petrov somewhere in the coaching set up, but agree certainly not as a manager. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling there's no 'rift' - not only because 'rifts' sell news, but because Purslow only just turned up,  I imagine he discussed finding managers in his interviews with Sawiris and Edens. Matter of hours till they announce Henry IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I have a feeling there's no 'rift' - not only because 'rifts' sell news, but because Purslow only just turned up,  I imagine he discussed finding managers in his interviews with Sawiris and Edens. Matter of hours till they announce Henry IMHO. 

You're probably right. Nixon seems to be selling the notion there may be 'fall out'. Presumably to sell papers. 

I hope we do announce Terry Henry today so we can crack on. 

• Like 1

I wonder what everyone thought of the great Guardiola not knowing Mahrez's awful penalty record? If that had been Bruce it would have been all the usual slurs........

I don't want Henry now any more that I did in the summer when it was circulating, if he is appointed I'll support him obviously but I don't see it working on any level.

• Like 1

Just on sky sports news they saying new maanger wont have coaches imposed on them and they can bring who they choose should they not want terry

I think terry has potential to add a real something to a back room team and be mental not to it he wants it

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Purslow was brought in for this very reason, so I don't know why there would be a rift.