Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 04:46, Zatman said:

Krul has played 28 games since start of 2015 season. 6 of them were in the Dutch 2nd division

unfortunately that there is a better cv than our current no. 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought he'd signed for Lampard at Derby or did I dream that?

I think that was just the press guessing that JT would fancy a year with his old mate from the Bridge and that Frank would want and be able to afford him. Going to another club would also no doubt bring a demand that he would not be asked to play against his former club (us). ;)

As much as I would love JT back at Villa, I think with the impending FFP issue... even if we are able to get round it slightly, bringing a player back on 60k per week might be a bit of a slap in the face to the EFL...

Also the plan to rebuild with youth that we have all spoken about lately with the 'going under' situation', JT doesn't really fit in with that. 

As I said before though JT & Snodgrass back would be brilliant for us... but we also need to look at things differently this time...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sadken79 said:

I'd have took that giant inflatable swan out the shot mind. Doesn't half ruin the picture 

I'd find out who owns the giant inflatable and ask if they want to swap it for Micah.

• Haha 3

I think the current squad, as is (i.e. we keep Grealish and Chester) is more than capable of promotion - in the hands of the right manager. I've sadly come round to thinking that may not be Bruce. 

Even though we have lost a few players, with a couple of additions our squad is still capable of challenging for the playoffs (assuming we can get around the FFP issue). Priorities would be a new GK and quality CB to challenge for a starting place. 

GK - NEW SIGNING, Steer

CB - Chester, Elphick, NEW SIGNING, Clark

RB - RDL, Bree

LB - Hutton, Taylor 

CM - hourihane, lansbury, Grealish, birkir (utility player) , Doyle Hayes, o'hare, jedinak, whelan

LM - Green, birkir (utility player) 

RM - adomah, elmo

CF - kodjia, hogan, mccormack, Davies, RHM

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Even though we have lost a few players, with a couple of additions our squad is still capable of challenging for the playoffs (assuming we can get around the FFP issue). Priorities would be a new GK and quality CB to challenge for a starting place. 

GK - NEW SIGNING, Steer

CB - Chester, Elphick, NEW SIGNING, Clark

RB - RDL, Bree

LB - Hutton, Taylor 

CM - hourihane, lansbury, Grealish, birkir (utility player) , Doyle Hayes, o'hare, jedinak, whelan

LM - Green, birkir (utility player) 

RM - adomah, elmo

CF - kodjia, hogan, mccormack, Davies, RHM

That was exactly what I was thinking.

I would also add another forward to the list as I wouldn't want to be relying on Hogan who is always injured, and McCormack who has done nothing in the last two years.

Â