Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

1 minute ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Should Henry come in, is it too ambitious to think that we could bring Benteke back? I know it would need some kind of FFP loophole / creatively structured deal to do so but imagine for a moment that's possible, it could happen right? ? ?

- Palace want to shift him out and he's not exactly got suiters lined up to sign him.

- He's worked with Henry within the Belgium set up.

- In the last few days he liked a tweet which had Henry pictured against a Villa background.

- He'd be our version of Lukaku if Henry wanted to set us up in the same style as the Belgium side we saw at the world cup.

Not in a million years. However, it would be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haha, I would have agreed with you up until a week ago, but then I've have said the same about two super wadded billionaires turning up, buying us on the eve of administration and then appointing Thierry Henry as manager!!

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Got some dry leaves here so I'll throw them on this little ember. 

- Jack Grealish posted a video the other day of him watching that Benteke goal against Norwich and saying what a briliant player he is/was. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Got some dry leaves here so I'll throw them on this little ember. 

- Jack Grealish posted a video the other day of him watching that Benteke goal against Norwich and saying what a briliant player he is/was. 

That's enough for me!

[Insert It's happening gif here]

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Barry Douglas fee agreed with Leeds. Wouldn't be a bad bet for Villa, great at free kicks and better than Taylor

Shocked they are letting him go as he looked top class last season. If we have any chance of bringing players in this summer someone should interrupt the meeting in case we can gazump the proposed deal.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

With Bruce now staying hopefully we can push on to sign some players, even if it’s loans. 

That is the one benefit to keeping Bruce.

Had we gone for Henry or anyone else the transfer window would have closed by the time he had outlined his targets.

We can now look forward to the re-signing of Snodders, Terry and a few others that Steve Bruce can still beat in the annual egg ‘n spoon race! Hope I am wrong because we desperately need pace in our team!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I’d take both back. I think they both failed just like Bruce did last season but a fresh start under new ownership I would take them both back. I’d also want a bit of pace in the team but not sure if we can spend..

In what way did Snodgrass fail ? 

Â