Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

11 hours ago, AshVilla said:

On second thoughts i wouldn't mind Huth

Providing he promises to tell the Huth the whole Huth and nothing but the Huth so help him god.

That's the Huth. 

11 hours ago, AshVilla said:

On second thoughts i wouldn't mind Huth

Providing he promises to tell the Huth the whole Huth and nothing but the Huth so help him god.

I would be in a right huff if we signed him rather than JT myself. :)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, romavillan said:

Caulker, Terry, Onuoha, even Huth, there's some more exotic options too. Collins might do a job at this level as long as we keep him off the sauce. Samba :). Then there's a few who have played at a high level recently. Last chance saloon and all that but we need defenders asap, we will be way out the race by xmas if not.

I'd take onuoha till end of season. Still only 31

7 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Links to Collins, seriously?

The thing to think abotu when comparing whoever's on the free agent list to what we have, is that what we have is nothing. We need 2 centrebacks who are better than 1. No-one or 2. Jedinak playing out of position.

Collins if it's possible to keep him away from the sauce is definitely an improvement on 1.

To sum it all up then -

Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah, Tuanzebe and Johnstone all went back at the end of their loans.

Terry, Samba and Agbonlahor were released at the end of their contracts. Amavi, Gil and Gollini officially left the club.

Clubs going bust, need to sell everyone, then oh no actually it's ok and then we end up with

IN - Nyland (Ingolstadt), McGinn (Hibernian), Moreira (season loan - A.Madrid), Tuanzebe (season loan - Man Utd), Bolasie (season loan - Everton), El Ghazi (season loan - Lille), Abraham (season loan - Chelsea)

OUT - Steer (season loan - Charlton), Elphick (season loan - Hull), Gardner (season loan - SHA), Tshibola (season loan - Kilmarnock), Green (season loan - Portsmouth), Lyden (loan - Jan - Oldham)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Collins would fit in perfectly to be honest. He's actually what you want in a Steve Bruce side. Does the basics well, and does the sensible thing.

Running back to your own goal. No risks. Puts it into touch.
Being pressed or hurried. No risks. Puts it into touch.
Being forced wide. No risks. Puts it into touch.
Receives a pass from his partner but nobody shows for it. No risks. Put some snow on it.
Receives a pass from his partner and somebody shows for it. No risks. Put some snow on it.
Receives a pass from his partner and everybody shows for it. No risks. Put some snow on it.
Is passed the ball in the warm up circle. Put some **** snow on it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

To sum it all up then -

Snodgrass, Grabban, Onomah, Tuanzebe and Johnstone all went back at the end of their loans.

Terry, Samba and Agbonlahor were released at the end of their contracts. Amavi, Gil and Gollini officially left the club.

Clubs going bust, need to sell everyone, then oh no actually it's ok and then we end up with

IN - Nyland (Ingolstadt), McGinn (Hibernian), Moreira (season loan - A.Madrid), Tuanzebe (season loan - Man Utd), Bolasie (season loan - Everton), El Ghazi (season loan - Lille), Abraham (season loan - Chelsea)

OUT - Steer (season loan - Charlton), Elphick (season loan - Hull), Gardner (season loan - SHA), Tshibola (season loan - Kilmarnock), Green (season loan - Portsmouth), Lyden (loan - Jan - Oldham)

Frustrating that two of those loan players look unlikely to feature much with Moreira as back up and Tuanzebe not trusted at centre half.  Seems a waste of time to me.

Â