Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Regarding Terry, i think if it is the case Bruce has planned this all along then it's not something that is going to go down well with the owners. 

The fact Terry wasn't resigned weeks ago suggest the board were not keen on the idea due to age/wages etc. Given the fact we don't have a defence, they now might be forced until a U turn on that given Bruce's failure to resolve the issue (i can't even recall being linked to a CB before the last day of the loan wundow).

So whislt Bruce may get his way in the short term, i doubt very much the owners will be happy that they've been played. 

This is course is all conjecture of course based on the assumption that this is something Bruce played on. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

re Caulker - Leeds, Celtic and Trabzonspor all linked.

You'd think we'd be linked given the very obvious need for personnel in that area.

Hasn't there been big question marks over his attitude? 

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he is shite? He was great for Spurs in my opinion, I’d take him on a free, no doubt

I just wanted a backdrop for my pun.

I don't really think he's shite, i just think he's had severe personal issues off the pitch gambling/alcohol addiction, depression trouble with the police e.t.c which really screwed with his development.

He would also be a short term option as he wouldn't be good enough for the premier league should we get there.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Hasn't there been big question marks over his attitude? 

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Caulker is shite.

Certainly not the defender we want to be seal the leaks in our defence.

He has had a few big problems, linked to various mental health/addiction issues. 

It is suggested he has recovered well. He was a talented kid, I hope someone gives him a chance, it is a gamble but a cheap one now .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Grealish just posted this...

There seems to be too much smoke for there to be no fire with this.  

42 minutes ago, av1 said:

There seems to be too much smoke for there to be no fire with this.  

I'd say there's too much hope/wishful thinking clouding reality/facts!

The JT voting thing is apparently fake and the Grealish picture is just a flashback post - it doesn't have anything cryptic in it. Add the fact there are no real stories, we still have to be wary of FFP and the 26 shirt is gone I'd be confident in saying this isn't happening.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

The JT voting thing is apparently fake and the Grealish picture is just a flashback post - it doesn't have anything cryptic in it. Add the fact there are no real stories, we still have to be wary of FFP and the 26 shirt is gone I'd be confident in saying this isn't happening.

We don’t seem to have been worried while agreeing 6m for Bryan, didn’t we?

10 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I am with you.

I think if we need someone to save our season it's not a 37 yr old defender one a 1 year contract. John Terry or not.

If Terry is re-signed then it surely has to be on a pay as you play contract with the caveat of a bonus on promotion? We deserve everything we get if he's on £40-£60k a week and it goes tits up.

I'd welcome him back because an ageing John Terry at the heart of our defence is 1000 times better than an ageing Miles Jedinak.

20 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

If Terry is re-signed then it surely has to be on a pay as you play contract with the caveat of a bonus on promotion? We deserve everything we get if he's on £40-£60k a week and it goes tits up.

I'd welcome him back because an ageing John Terry at the heart of our defence is 1000 times better than an ageing Miles Jedinak.

That's the key thing. It might not be an ideal situation but with the window closed it's possibly the best we can make out of a shitty situation. 

Â