Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

10 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Personally I don't think we need any of them. I'm not happy with the situation we've been left in by bad planning but simply play Tuanzebe in his correct position and a RB in the correct position and we don't need ANY players brought in.

We'd be short in depth but maybe that could be looked at in January...unless we need another RB which will always take priority of course...

This. Blindingly obvious. And if Bruce thinks he is not good enough why is he contemplating a permanent deal for him.

He also used up a loan slot for him.

What a mess, and the answer is now to spend money on  more ageing players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Personally I don't think we need any of them. I'm not happy with the situation we've been left in by bad planning but simply play Tuanzebe in his correct position and a RB in the correct position and we don't need ANY players brought in.

We'd be short in depth but maybe that could be looked at in January...unless we need another RB which will always take priority of course...

And what happens if Chester or Tuanzebe get injured :I

This

42 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

And this

27 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This. Blindingly obvious. And if Bruce thinks he is not good enough why is he contemplating a permanent deal for him.

He also used up a loan slot for him.

What a mess, and the answer is now to spend money on  more ageing players.

Absolutely spot on.

I have been saying this for nearly over a month.

What a Circus it looks!

• Like 1

Bakary Sako linked now

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-west-brom-among-15128684

West Bromwich Albion and Aston Villa are joined by Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough in having an interest in free agent winger Bakary Sako, according to reports .

Sako, 30, is without a club having left Premier League side Crystal Palace this summer - that’s despite being offered a new deal at Selhurst Park.

Eagles manager Roy Hodgson confirmed as much in July, when he told Football.London : “No, he is not signing, he doesn’t want to sign.

“I guess he will be moving on, I don’t know, the last I heard was that he had turned down the offer of a contract that we had made to him, so that’s the last I have.”

Now, he’s being linked with a return to the region where it all began for him in this country; Sako made his name in English football in the West Midlands.

The Malian international spent three years at Wolverhampton Wanderers, scoring almost 40 goals in over 120 appearances at Molineux between 2012 and 2015.

59 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Image result for blaspheme meme

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, HAL said:

And what happens if Chester or Tuanzebe get injured :I

You have to wonder about our youth and reserve teams, Rio Ferdinand made his Premier League debut aged 17, Ubi Ehiogu made his league debut aged 17, Sol Campbell made his debut aged 20, To y Adams made his debut aged 17, even  Bruce made his league debut aged 19. If we don’t blood youngsters we’ll never know how good they are and I can’t see any of our young central defenders being worse than Jedinak.

just to be clear, I’m not saying any of our youngsters are of the standard of the players I mentioned.

in any case Bruce has mismanaged our defence to an amazing extent and should be held accountable.

Edited by dukes

Really hope we don't allow Collins to come back to the club considering the way he behaved the last time he was here.

Sure he's grown up since then (he wasn't even 30 :rolleyes:) but I really don't want him anywhere near us.

As for Huth, not overly keen on that either. He's a slightly less mobile version of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster

• Haha 1

Personally I think we absolutely do need to sign another CB. At least one. And then, if we get any injuries we can play Tuanzebe in his correct position as back up.

January is so far away in football terms that we can't just wait and see what happens and assess it then. We may be too far off 6th spot by then.

Since we have a team in the U23 Development league I assume we also have players playing in the CB position in those games?

Most teams are forced to / take the opportunity to use their youngsters when senior players are out.

Don't see why we should be any different, just continuing to throw money at it will only dig us deeper in the hole.

It's not like we'd be able to bring in any players of the quality to massively improve us.

Collins, Huth, Samba?

No thanks.

• Like 3

Tuanzebe looks shit though.

If he was actually any good then I imagine he'd be playing at CB. I know it goes against the VT narrative, but Bruce isn't an idiot. If he had a good CB under his nose I imagine he would play him at CB.

The truth is more likely that Tuanzebe is still crap.

Both Huth or Collins would likely be a better option than Jedinak or Tuanzebe. So I say get either or both of them in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Since we have a team in the U23 Development league I assume we also have players playing in the CB position in those games?

Most teams are forced to / take the opportunity to use their youngsters when senior players are out.

Don't see why we should be any different, just continuing to throw money at it will only dig us deeper in the hole.

It's not like we'd be able to bring in any players of the quality to massively improve us.

Collins, Huth, Samba?

No thanks.

Not sure why we don't try Jacob Bedeau there. Worked for Chris Mepham (Age 20) at Brentford and now Bournemouth & Leicester want pay around £15mil for him!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tuanzebe looks shit though.

If he was actually any good then I imagine he'd be playing at CB. I know it goes against the VT narrative, but Bruce isn't an idiot. If he had a good CB under his nose I imagine he would play him at CB.

The truth is more likely that Tuanzebe is still crap.

Both Huth or Collins would likely be a better option than Jedinak or Tuanzebe. So I say get either or both of them in.

Yeah, nothing to do with the manager not having a damn clue is it.

If it is the case then the whole team looks shit under Bruce if you ask me.

Bruce is no idiot??? Na not much! He has just made the whole club look like a circus with his defence calamities.

The justification and defence for Bruce on here is bewildering.

• Like 1

Â