Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

We must try and get Terry back now. He has kept himself relatively fit and with an international break coming up we can do some intensive fitness training with him if necessary. I and I imagine a lot of Villa fans would be happier with JT rather than Jedinak alongside Chester.

JT can pass the ball for a start! That would instantly improve us right there, rather than Jedinak underhitting or shanking passes. It is a no brainer in my eyes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well since we now have no choice I wouldn't be against it.

I'm assuming most of us would have been against it due to financial reasons and wanting to go in a different direction, i.e building for the longer term and not wasting money on assets with no resale value.

I just don’t see how it’s wasting money, I think what John Terry would bring would be incredibly valuable, and billionaire owners aren’t going to care how much his wages cost if the value he brings out weighs that. IMO 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

We must try and get Terry back now. He has kept himself relatively fit and with an international break coming up we can do some intensive fitness training with him if necessary. I and I imagine a lot of Villa fans would be happier with JT rather than Jedinak alongside Chester.

JT can pass the ball for a start! That would instantly improve us right there, rather than Jedinak underhitting or shanking passes. It is a no brainer in my eyes.

I just can't see why with this new spending we are doing that we would sign JT in September rather than July!

We gave away his shirt number too

12 minutes ago, paul1984 said:

I just can't see why with this new spending we are doing that we would sign JT in September rather than July!

Conspracy theory, but SB could have wanted to, but the new owners wanted  younger players instead. Now it's much less to choose from

We often debate Bruce's ability to setup a team with regards to cunning (or more like basic) tactics and now we suspect (hope) he has hatched a fiendishly brilliant way to bring JT back despite giving his number to Kodjia?

As @Junxswas right, that ship has sailed and we need to keep everything crossed that Chester can stay Injury free between now and the January window..

1 minute ago, Darth Villa said:

...we need to keep everything crossed that Chester can stay Injury free between now and the January window..

And also he pushes Elmohamady back to RB and Axel takes Jedinaks position instead. At least then we have 3 “centre backs”. 

Could really be the difference between going up and not with the defence as it is... hoping for a damn good freebie!

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

People really need to let this John Terry idea go.

He's left, please move on. 

Can we even register free agents for the team now, before January?

This article seems to suggest not:  https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/transfer-deadline-day-can-free-13044460

What about free agents

Football League clubs, including Steve Bruce's Aston Villa, have until the end of the month to complete loan deals and free transfers (Image: Aston Villa/Getty)

Again, it's a no for Premier League clubs.

They won't be able to sign out-of-contract players until January.

Football League clubs have until the end of August to sign up free agents.

In years gone by, clubs were able to sign free agents at any point, but clubs under orders to submit their 25-man squads, this is no longer permitted."

edit: Although this post I missed from Made in Aston suggests the Mirror are wrong...

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Can EFL Championship clubs sign free agents outside of the transfer window - the rules explained

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/uk-sport-news/can-efl-championship-clubs-sign-1958427.amp

The short answer is yes. 

Presumably these are the rules we need to look at?  https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/:

Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window (and/or in the Extended Period, if applicable) in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 55, be declined or will only be approved:

where the Player is transferred on a Temporary Loan Transfer during the Extended Period (as defined in Regulation 42.2.2);

where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

Edited by TeeJay
added bits

7 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Who's bright spark idea was it to loan elphick out and bring no cb in when we were already extremely light in this area and already shoehorning jedinak in there?

Madness people better be praying that Chester remains injury free the whole season.

All this talk about Bree playing there as well is laughable.

At least till Jan 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

People really need to let this John Terry idea go.

He's left, please move on. 

When you need a free transfer centre back then and you have just let a legend of one go who is still better than all the ones you have to partner chester then people are going to go on 

• Like 1

Lots of positives now and some great signings this window. We desperately need another CB or LB though, JT is still available. I’m sure Bruce would have him back, he said before the owners want you get players suggesting they didn’t go for having him back. Maybe now we couldn’t bring anyone in they would? We should swamp the Villa official page with #bringbackjt to show how much we want him back! (assuming most do?!)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, antvillan said:

Lots of positives now and some great signings this window. We desperately need another CB or LB though, JT is still available. I’m sure Bruce would have him back, he said before the owners want you get players suggesting they didn’t go for having him back. Maybe now we couldn’t bring anyone in they would? We should swamp the Villa official page with #bringbackjt to show how much we want him back! (assuming most do?!)

I definitely would. Bring JT home!

• Like 1

Â