Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

Huth rather than Terry? Not for me. Terry is not only and always has been a much better player but is a true leader who offers as much off the pitch as he does on and we really need that.

Having said that, I'd take Huth rather than nobody.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Certainly for the Championship. Although it would be nice to get both him and Terry as undoubtedly Chester will get injured soon and we'll end up with Keinan Davis at the back alongside Jedinak.

What I mean is that we need more than a bit of extra physicality at the back for me. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

he hasnt played since May 2017. He is nowhere near fit for us

True, and we obviously wouldn't sign him if not fit enough. Just that if he was I think he'd be a better option.

Just to be clear though, which I'm often not, it's like 51% / 49% in favour of Huth.

Deep down I really don't care as long as it's not Jedinak.

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Sign him up, and get him in training. Sorted.

Is he good and fit enhuth though? ;) 

I suppose there is not a lot of choice left if JT is not coming and we do need someone from somewhere now as a matter of urgency. We could and have done worse.

Edited by John

12 minutes ago, John said:

Is he good and fit enhuth though? ;) 

I suppose there is not a lot of choice left if JT is not coming and we do need someone from somewhere now as a matter of urgency. We could and have done worse.

I really don’t know about his fitness, he’s not played for a while but could still be peak fitness? Or is he too long in the Huth?

Surely two-three weeks would get him sharp and match ready. He is a very good CB, him and Chester could be very good together potentially.

• Haha 1

To be left in this position ( transfer market closed, loan market closed and out of contract players our only option ) is unforgivable. I wouldn't start a season in championship  manager with only one recognised centre back. WTF is Bruce thinking. Should be sacked on those grounds alone. Pinning our hopes on a 38 year old to bail us out !! Its laughable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Absolute shambles.

I categorically fail to see how anyone could prefer Huth or any other ageing cb to Terry. 

If we sign a cb of Terry’s ilk, having clearly declined the opportunity to sign Terry, it’s nothing short of a joke.

I agree, Terry v Huth it is not even a close decision. Terry wins in every department apart from being a big lump. I get the feeling Huth will be as successful as Samba, in that we might see a couple of games from him before he gets injured for rest of the season.

Huth would certainly do a job for us, he's big and physical. That alone is the main reason we are playing Jedinak there currently as Chester is not that type of defender. Huth will obviously be a lot more comfortable there as he has played at centre back his entire career.

I don't understand why people are saying he is past it, he won the Premier League two seasons ago. Granted he missed all of last season, but if he passes the medical and can begin full training straight away then he should get up to speed fairly quick.

Obviously between Terry and Huth there is no doubt that we should have tried harder for (or be still trying for Terry). His fitness is less of a gamble and he has the added benefit of being a dressing room leader, something we seem to be missing this season.

I honestly can't believe that we have let the centre back position get into this state, and I also can't believe we haven't resolved it with free transfer early next week to get them up to speed ready for the games to begin again. It's a massive oversight by both the club and Bruce and theres no doubt it will end up costing us even more points this season.

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I don't understand why people are saying he is past it ... Granted he missed all of last season.

I think you’ve answered your own question.

I’m not saying Huth won’t do a job - but he’s a big, big risk.

Terry is/would have been a risk, but a suitably manageable one for me. 

Huth would be similar to Samba I reckon - maybe slightly better - but still not automatic promotion material.

Having said that, Huth will likely go some way in offering that intangible side we craved from Terry.

Not to the same extent, but my Leicester pals suggest he’s a big influence in the changing room. 

12 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

I think you’ve answered your own question.

I’m not saying Huth won’t do a job - but he’s a big, big risk.

Terry is/would have been a risk, but a suitably manageable one for me. 

Huth would be similar to Samba I reckon - maybe slightly better - but still not automatic promotion material.

Having said that, Huth will likely go some way in offering that intangible side we craved from Terry.

Not to the same extent, but my Leicester pals suggest he’s a big influence in the changing room. 

I don't think he's such a risk if there's no-one else to sign. Either it works or not.

• Like 1

Â