Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

John Terry won't save our season, but he will help.

Saving our season is acheived by sacking Bruce and bringing in a new manager.

Bring in a new manager and he won’t be signing a 37 year old CB on 40-60 grand a week.

• Like 1

If our choice is Terry or Huth then it’s Terry all the way. 

What Terry brought to us last year was way above just being a CB, he was captain, he was inspirational and he helped to get a good team atmosphere going. I’d love him to come back.

• Like 1

Is it just me or did Terry not look the same player when he came back after his injury last season.  I know he wasnt the fastest before but he seemed to have slowed up allot in the final 5 months.  Maybe age was catching up with him.

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Is it just me or did Terry not look the same player when he came back after his injury last season.  I know he wasnt the fastest before but he seemed to have slowed up allot in the final 5 months.  Maybe age was catching up with him.

Bloody hell! Let's get him to the knackers yard, he can be actual glue instead of the binding we need in defence! 

I've said it before, he's a very very fit guy, there's been a few over the years (Sheringham was 76 when he quit) and what they lose in pace they gain in awareness and intelligence.

I played against Sid Cowans a few years ago and he ran a bunch of semi pro kids off the park without leaving the centre circle ffs.

Terry is a class act and born winner, using his age against him is a weak excuse, hell I'm the wrong side of 40 and you should see me move when the bailiffs knock! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Still think we should go for Huth

Huth gave away penalties for fun in his prime at Stoke. He gave away even more as he declined at Leicester. Imagine an old and unfit Huth playing for Villa and ripping the shirts off attackers in and around the box to try and stop them playing! Imagine Chester getting injured and Huth and Jedinak teaming up at just above walking pace!

No thank you.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2018&yt0=Show

There must be 2 off that list worth giving a contract to?

A left sided left back would be nice too, but lets first have mor than one central defender that Bruce is prepared to play in the middle of the defence....

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Huth gave away penalties for fun in his prime at Stoke. He gave away even more as he declined at Leicester. Imagine an old and unfit Huth playing for Villa and ripping the shirts off attackers in and around the box to try and stop them playing! Imagine Chester getting injured and Huth and Jedinak teaming up at just above walking pace!

No thank you.

Wow now that is a shuddering thought!...

30 minutes ago, romavillan said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=2018&yt0=Show

There must be 2 off that list worth giving a contract to?

A left sided left back would be nice too, but lets first have mor than one central defender that Bruce is prepared to play in the middle of the defence....

Indeed. Terry for one. :D I see Nedum Onuoha is there as well I think we were linked with him once or twice when we were all still at school...

• Like 1

Terry over huth anyday.

Both players legs probably shot to shit at this point but Terry's strengths has always been reading the game and being one step ahead of his man so will probably still be good in the championship.

Plus he also already has the chemistry there with Chester.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John said:

Indeed. Terry for one. :D I see Nedum Onuoha is there as well I think we were linked with him once or twice when we were all still at school...

Caulker, Terry, Onuoha, even Huth, there's some more exotic options too. Collins might do a job at this level as long as we keep him off the sauce. Samba :). Then there's a few who have played at a high level recently. Last chance saloon and all that but we need defenders asap, we will be way out the race by xmas if not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

No thank you.

jangif.gif

39 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

To this day I still cannot understand how that wasn't a penalty.. :bang:

To this day i still wonder if scoring that goal (Which was likely if not for the foul) might have kicked his career into gear.

I remember the frustration with Savo when he joined, there was a feeling that once he scored one he would kick into gear. I remember being in the Holte when he got a hatrick (i think it was Coventry but i might be wrong), the place just exploded. 

Â