Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

So after the failure of last season's strategy of trying to concede fewer goals than our opponents, the strategy this year is to try to score more than them.  If it works even a little bit the football should be more entertaining anyway.

John Terry Instagram page has a picture of him playing golf and cryptically states "reminds me of playing with the Gaffer and Alex Bruce last year. 

Why the reference and why still refer to. Bruce as The Gaffer? 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

John Terry Instagram page has a picture of him playing golf and cryptically states "reminds me of playing with the Gaffer and Alex Bruce last year. 

Anyone looking like this been spotted training at VP during the summer?

Bildresultat för poor disguise

John Terry now needs to make a triumphant return to ensure that this has been a superb transfer window.

Nyland

Elmo  Chester  Terry   Hutton

McGinn  Grealish Hourihane

Bolasie  Abraham   Kodjia

That team is frightening...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think its pretty common for footballers to still refer to their old boss as gaffer. Off the top of my head Ronaldo stills refers to SAF as gaffer. 

11 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

John Terry now needs to make a triumphant return to ensure that this has been a superb transfer window.

Nyland

Elmo  Chester  Terry   Hutton

McGinn  Grealish Hourihane

Bolasie  Abraham   Kodjia

That team is frightening...

And a bench of al Ghazi, Adomah, Hogan, Jedi. Strong squad. But we must get Terry back. 

• Like 2

Someone twitter posted that EFL rules only allow you to sign free agents up until end of deadline ie today. So not sure Terry or anyone else is coming in. 

Our defence is in bits to be honest. It’s cost us points already and it’s going to cost us lots more. It’s staggering that a manager who places so much value on being tough to beat hasn’t addressed the centre of our defence and even further weakened it by letting Elphick go. It’s so bleeding mental I can’t believe the window has actually closed and there isn’t some trick up their sleeve. 

The idea that Bree is a fourth choice CB for a team chasing promotion is absolutely crazy. He doesn’t even play their for the U23s yet we’ve deemed he is a man we can rely on should he be required through injury in a massive game against Leeds in deepest depths of December. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think its pretty common for footballers to still refer to their old boss as gaffer. Off the top of my head Ronaldo stills refers to SAF as gaffer. 

Indeed it is, but in this case it can mean only one thing JT is coming back. It makes 100% sense so there is no reason that anyone at the club could have for not wanting it to happen. Make it so Villa!

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Someone twitter posted that EFL rules only allow you to sign free agents up until end of deadline ie today. So not sure Terry or anyone else is coming in. 

I don't think that rule would apply to JT as we were his last club so it wouldn't be a transfer. But I could be wrong.

It could have been a great window.

Instead were  left scratching our heads wondering why we only have one recognised first team CB at the club when it's a 40+ game season.

Chester playing every game last season must have been a monumental effort lets hope he somehow does the same again.

Edited by AshVilla

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

Does he do that at all times or only when he's on the top of your head? 

• Haha 1

Â