Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

If we get Huth we are going to lose a lot of the connection between the midfield and defence which Terry gave us.  Hes a typical 'clear his lines' defender.

In this case its imperative that we replace Tuanzebe with rdl or Elmo (with the other preferably going to left back, although this is unlikely)

Otherwise we will end up too unbalanced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have no idea why he'd even re-sign Tuanzebe when he looks so crap.

and like I've said before, the playing out of position is being exaggerated. People are saying Hutton is "out of position" despite him showing last season he's actually better at LB than RB.
Jedinak is out of position, but he is actually our best option at CB at the moment (obviously not including Chester). 
That in itself is a absolute joke that we haven't signed any other CBs. But given the players we have right not, I can see why Jedi gets the nod, even though he's not good enough. It's between him and Tuanzebe and he's better.

So Tuanzebe at RB is the only real weird choice in the back four for me to be honest. I don't know why he insists on playing him when he's so poor there.

If I had to guess, it would be that he does want him to play CB but doesn't think he's ready yet. He's playing him at RB to get him used to the level of football before eventually moving him to CB.

But that's just a guess. It's the only way it really makes sense to me.

Put it this way. If I had to pick our back four right now, I would pick

Hutton, Chester, Jedinak, Elmohamady

So only one player different. 
But again this will be jumped on as a defence of Bruce. So I'll clarify by saying it is a joke that we only have one proper CB at the club. I've put Jedinak in that lineup but he is not good enough and it is absolutely Bruce's fault that we haven't got another centreback or two.

Yeah mate sorry for my last post. Should have gone a few posts back and read what you were actually saying which I agree with.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ha, You're telling me!

Careful though, you might just be making this up to argue with!  ;)

But he has made it up. I don't think that at all.

Dave is nearly as obsessed with me as he is with Gabby Agbonlahor. Flattering I guess.

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If I had to guess, it would be that he does want him to play CB but doesn't think he's ready yet. He's playing him at RB to get him used to the level of football before eventually moving him to CB.

But that's just a guess. It's the only way it really makes sense to me.

This is my theory as well, like you say, it's the only thing that makes sense 

1 hour ago, PatrickCousens said:

Is this guy real? He seems to be claiming to be the agent to every Leicester player and signs most of his tweets off with 'he's a great guy!'

I smell a rat.

Indeed, every press article I can see states that the agent of Robert Huth is called Manfred Schulte.

Huth is well past his sell by date. He was always too slow, and developed a method of tackling the player instead of the ball to compensate for this slowness.

The amount of free kicks he will give away around the box will be costly, without factoring in penalties as he drapes himself all over attackers.

His match time in the last sixteen or seventeen months has been nil due to ankle and foot injuries, and the guy is going to be an immobile partner to either Chester or Jedinak.

Huth and Jedinak have a combined age of sixty eight, so good luck Steve in getting a possible forty games each out of this aged pair.  We'll also have the slowest CB pairing in the league.

Why are we contemplating signing someone in a key position, who no other club wants or is prepared to take a chance on?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, smg said:

Because there is no one else and we need central defenders

Not exactly true is it? Diego Polenta (age 26 ex Bari CB) and Serdar Tasci (31, Ex German International ) are both on a free at moment and would be and massive improvement over Huth.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Polenta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serdar_Tasci

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Huth is well past his sell by date. He was always too slow, and developed a method of tackling the player instead of the ball to compensate for this slowness.

The amount of free kicks he will give away around the box will be costly, without factoring in penalties as he drapes himself all over attackers.

His match time in the last sixteen or seventeen months has been nil due to ankle and foot injuries, and the guy is going to be an immobile partner to either Chester or Jedinak.

Huth and Jedinak have a combined age of sixty eight, so good luck Steve in getting a possible forty games each out of this aged pair.  We'll also have the slowest CB pairing in the league.

Why are we contemplating signing someone in a key position, who no other club wants or is prepared to take a chance on?

Because he is either purposely doing this to **** us up and make a point, or that he has lost it bordering not having a clue.

There is no other explanation for it as to why. He needs removed pronto!

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Not exactly true is it? Diego Polenta (age 26 ex Bari CB) and Serdar Tasci (31, Ex German International ) are both on a free at moment and would be and massive improvement over Huth.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Polenta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serdar_Tasci

I agree.

Huth was never a top defender, injured for the last year and a half and 34.

Now obviously terry is 37 BUT he is superior in every other way, we should have gone for him.

We really should be going for someone else.

• Like 3

Â