Transfer Window Summer 2018

VILLAMARV

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Tin foil hat on you really have to wonder if this was the play all along from Bruce  with the end goal of forcing the new owners to bring in Terry when all other options are exhausted.

Would explain why Terry is still to find a new club if he aims to continue. Massive gamble if so.

Honestly can't see it being the case, but they way our squad looks atm is very odd.

I don't think that Moukoudi was a typical Bruce target. He doesn't like young inexperienced CB's. I guess that he's quite pleased that Harold said no, because it leaves an option to bring in an old "put your boots on and sort it out on the pitch" CB. No coaching needed.

this is all very surprising of nothing comes out of getting a CB in with Elphick going out. Bruce's best showing was getting us strong at the back last season. if we don't reinforce that position he will lose that and then what do we have? we're not exactly world-beaters in the final third either.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why? He sounds like a complete mug amd doing his best to ruin his brothers career.

How? saying he's being poorly treated but loves the club and will stay and fight if he's needed. Seems like a valid response for someone who is asked to play full back and winger. 

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

How? saying he's being poorly treated but loves the club and will stay and fight if he's needed. Seems like a valid response for someone who is asked to play full back and winger. 

Saying "**** bruce" is childish and pathetic. Show our manager some respect 

Edited by Demitri_C

Baffled that we're letting Adomah go. I mean, I would've been more than happy to see him go because I don't think he's very good at all, but why loan Green as well? We're now back to square one in being incredibly light in the wide areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

Baffled that we're letting Adomah go. I mean, I would've been more than happy to see him go because I don't think he's very good at all, but why loan Green as well? We're now back to square one in being incredibly light in the wide areas. 

I suggested selling Adomah earlier in the window to get money in that we could potentially use on the defense or to help with FFP

But that was before we loaned Green out .

Loaning him out now is just bonkers

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Saying "**** bruce" is childish and pathetic. Show our manager some respect 

Give me 5 minutes and I'll read all of the respectful comments in the bruce out thread. The language may not be appropriate but the sentiment s no different. 

• Like 1

We'll probably sign another right back to replace him. I have always tried hard to be positive, and signing Abraham will be a big positive. However the general transfer dealing this summer have been completely baffling. We have brought in some good players, but there is no apparent direction of building a balanced team.

We tried to sign Bryan, when we were in need of a left back. We then follow up with no left back joining us?

We have had a deal for a centre back collapse but we still send Elphick off, and the other options such as Clark and Suliman on loan. Does that mean Bree is now a centre back?

We are/have offloaded two of our contracted wingers and replaced with an injury affected albeit excellent winger. However we only have so many loan spots.

We send our only contracted keeper who can catch a ball Steer out on loan, when with the current number of loan signings we'd need him on the bench.

**** sake, none of it makes any logical sense, its like signing good players for the sake of signing them and sticking them anywhere they'll fit. Exactly what Bruce loves to do. I don't remember ever such an inbalanced squad, even under the likes of O'Neill who loved doing this.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Elphick going on loan is good news. It almost definitely means there's a defender done. They're just preparing the social media bollocks done before they announce. 

I'll be shocked if that's not the case. Shocked

2 minutes ago, YLN said:

I'm pretty sure Elphick going on loan is good news. It almost definitely means there's a defender done. They're just preparing the social media bollocks done before they announce. 

I'll be shocked if that's not the case. Shocked

With Bruce, everything is possible! ?

Â