Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Run ragged tonight , he’s not a RB , lets hope Bruce doesn’t continue to think he is 

He did really well against Fulham/Sessegnon I thought, but Barkhuizen has done well against him tonight.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not impressed tonight. Poor defending and nothing going forward.

Yeah he’s too heavy a touch to be a full back / wing back , CB or DM are the only roles that are really going to suit him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

He made me worried a couple of times, especially in the first half when he played a couple of Bacuna trade mark passes straight in the middle. We had a settled back 4, dont agree with altering that and playing a raw youngster there. Rather have him in the middle if he needs to play.

I’d play him in that DM role , he’s good in the air and strong ... and he’s fitter than Jed  and comparable with Jed for the ability to find an opponent with the ball with nearly every pass :) 

• Like 1

I didn't think he was that bad. Though I agree about him going forward, I pointed it out to my dad very early that he doesn't overlap like Elmo which causes problems for us, you could see Snodgrass get frustrated by it. 

I really want to see him at DM.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah he’s too heavy a touch to be a full back / wing back , CB or DM are the only roles that are really going to suit him 

Have a look at the first 5 pages of the thread guys.

It's been know since day 1 he is a natural CB/CDM. I don't remember Paul McGrath being a right back either.

I feel Bruce is playing him in the team to compensate but he was being kept out by Terry, Chester, Thor & Jedinak.

If we want to see the this player at his deadliest he needs to be played in either of his two natural positions or just not at all.

Despite our previous 2 results, he should start in CDM position ahead of Thor and Jedinak for a few games. He deserves a run in his most effective position, Let's give the lad a chance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Have a look at the first 5 pages of the thread guys.

It's been know since day 1 he is a natural CB/CDM. I don't remember Paul McGrath being a right back either.

I feel Bruce is playing him in the team to compensate but he was being kept out by Terry, Chester, Thor & Jedinak.

If we want to see the this player at his deadliest he needs to be played in either of his two natural positions or just not at all.

Despite our previous 2 results, he should start in CDM position ahead of Thor and Jedinak for a few games. He deserves a run in his most effective position, Let's give the lad a chance.

Let’s not forget he has only played at rb for Man Utd as well. It’s not just Bruce being awkward.

Elmo hasn’t been fully fit, we needed someone else there. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Let’s not forget he has only played at rb for Man Utd as well. It’s not just Bruce being awkward.

I'd certainly forget that as it isn't true. He has played at CB and DM for the first team as well and always played CB coming through the ranks. He is a CB, not a RB, not a DM. He is a CB. He can play the other two but they aren't his natural position. He is also a young player with minimal first team experience, he'll be inconsistent especially in unfamiliar positions. He's kept Alexis in his pocket at RB and apparently has now had a bad game there. Not too surprising for a talented CB being played out of position. 

19 minutes ago, tommybread said:

I'd certainly forget that as it isn't true. He has played at CB and DM for the first team as well and always played CB coming through the ranks. He is a CB, not a RB, not a DM. He is a CB. He can play the other two but they aren't his natural position. He is also a young player with minimal first team experience, he'll be inconsistent especially in unfamiliar positions. He's kept Alexis in his pocket at RB and apparently has now had a bad game there. Not too surprising for a talented CB being played out of position. 

Fair enough I’d read that for the first team he’d only been deployed at rb 

50 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

if only we didn't have a RB playing LB and a LB sitting on the bench 

• Like 1

Â