Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

I haven't given up on the club signing Tuanzebe, for the first time in a long time Man U are being run poorly and are making bad decisions that never would have happened under Ferguson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2019 at 00:29, QldVilla said:

I haven't given up on the club signing Tuanzebe, for the first time in a long time Man U are being run poorly and are making bad decisions that never would have happened under Ferguson.

If they get Maguire, then he'll have to go as no one in their right mind will take tweedle dumb or tweedle dee given their giant contracts.

my crystal ball says utd will take him on preseason tour and give him the once over, they wont sign maguire but might get someone else in, also gives them time to assess fosu-mensah's injury, I would then expect him to sign a 5 year deal and go back out on loan

as for us I think we wait, 8m this week seems daft, let him have preseason there, let him realise he's not going to play ahead of the chuckle brothers let alone any new signing they make (I have him as battling for 5th choice alongside FM and rojo) if he doesn't sign a new deal then we go for him at the death of the window, risky but we could get him for a couple of million, new deal and us loaning him is a big no no, no new deal and him on loan winding down his contract (with the risk of him being brilliant and utd convincing him to sign with them instead) is probably the best for us

Daily Mail reporting that we are after Axel on a perm.

Mods, is there a way to move this back from 'Other Football' instead of having to create a new speculation thread? Would seem a shame to lose 80+ pages of comments etc!

tweet.PNG

Just now, Gillz said:

Daily Mail reporting that we are after Axel on a perm.

Mods, is there a way to move this back from 'Other Football' instead of having to create a new speculation thread? Would seem a shame to lose 80+ pages of comments etc!

tweet.PNG

Technology just isn't there yet

• Haha 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Maybe we have failed to sign Mings and we are doing everything to sign our 2nd best option in Tuanzebe?

I hope that's not what is happening here!

Why would it?

Doubt it's an either/or situation.....I'd like to think we're trying our hardest to sign both.

19 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Maybe we have failed to sign Mings and we are doing everything to sign our 2nd best option in Tuanzebe?

I hope that's not what is happening here!

I think we’re testing bournemouth by openly looking at other targets.

mings wants to come but Bournemouth are playing silly buggers upping the price.

would be great to sign both though 

We play them together. Very much doubt it's one or the other. I'd like Axel but I'm not as set on *needing* him in the team as Mings as Tyrone is a leader etc in that current dressing room.

Mings is almost a must have for me and Axel a nice to have. 

The Kongolo link on the other hand is us looking elsewhere to Mings I think. Where as Axel will be the 'other' first choice paired up with whoever comes in

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Suprised he not in the England U21’s

Yeah I’m not sure how he’s not in the squad. England must have some phenomenal young centre backs if Tuanzebe can’t get in!

Am I the only one who didn't think he was THAT good?

I mean he was fine for a young CB in the Championship, bit weak in the air but solid with his feet.

For £8m I'd certainly take him as a squad option and investment for the future, but I think he might struggle a bit as a starting CB in the PL.

Plenty of room for development thou.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

I mean he was fine for a young CB in the Championship, bit weak in the air but solid with his feet.

For £8m I'd certainly take him as a squad option and investment for the future, but I think he might struggle a bit as a starting CB in the PL.

I agree, he was decent and if he was already our player you'd be happy enough going into next season with him starting. If we can get him for under £15m it would be a good buy in that he already has a partnership with Mings and is part of a promising, young spine in the team that we should try and keep together if possible.

However, he's not fantastic and he's not the leader that Mings is, who is worth over paying for this summer. Axel had a good season once Dean came in and I would like him on a perm... but there's a lot for room for improvement in his development and I wouldn't want to rely on him in a relegation battle just yet. If he doesn't join I'm fine with it, we can find somebody else just as good imo. He's mostly worth buying for his existing partnership and future potential rather than what he brings right now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

He's been superb at CB all season. We really missed him when he was out. 

Above all of his defensive qualities is his ability to bring the ball out of defence which was second to none. Really crucial to how we play. Mings is really good at it too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sne said:

I think as a body in the squad we could do with him and I think there's definitely a deal to be done with utd, potential is there, depends on Chester's injury, tuanzebe as 3rd choice being developed further for that kind of price doesn't seem as daft to me as say dunk for 25m

• Like 1

Â