Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

I think after his experiences with Bruce, he would be reluctant to play for him again. Bruce played 'Zebe at right back. Also, Axel's greatest quality is his ability to break the lines and bring the ball out of defence. Bruce doesn't want his center backs doing this, as it puts them out of position. 

Also, being third choice at Man United is better than being first choice at Newcastle. He'll play this season for United. Personally I can't wait to see him again at VP he deserves a heroes welcome for his contribution to our promotion. 

I would rather have him back at VP in a Villa shirt though mind. 

I don't think Bruce would be stupid enough to play him at Right Back this season.

I still think the reason he did it last season was because he didn't think he was ready to play at CB for the first team so was trying to ease him in.

Axel proved him wrong when he got his chance, that was absolutely the wrong decision.

You'd think Bruce would have noticed how well he played when he did get his chance and wouldn't do the same thing again.

But then again it is Steve Bruce

I think he may end up regretting not forcing a move here tbh.

Perfect environment to learn, perfect way to play football, perfect coach to develop him. A good few years here would have done wonders for him. If he get's on the Chalobah 5 years 5 clubs trail that so many do nowadays he will be ruined.

20 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think after his experiences with Bruce, he would be reluctant to play for him again. Bruce played 'Zebe at right back. Also, Axel's greatest quality is his ability to break the lines and bring the ball out of defence. Bruce doesn't want his center backs doing this, as it puts them out of position. 

I doubt it.

He played exclusively full back under Bruce 17/18, and still joined up with him again.

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I doubt it.

He played exclusively full back under Bruce 17/18, and still joined up with him again.

But at that point was unproven at centre back. Smith gave him the opportunity and he took it. Bruce didn't trust him enough. Now he's on the fringe of the Man United first team. I'd stay put if I were him. 

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

But at that point was unproven at centre back. Smith gave him the opportunity and he took it. Bruce didn't trust him enough. Now he's on the fringe of the Man United first team. I'd stay put if I were him. 

I think OGS is pretty biased towards Scandinavians so i think Lindelof is an automatic starter.

If they sign Maguire, Axel won't be seeing much playing time. Unless injuries happens of course.

Just now, Zatman said:

Well he is their best defender

That's debatable.

He is pretty slow and not the greatest in the air. Pretty good on the ball but the guy for sure has his weaknesses. Not a top 6 centre back imo.

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That's debatable.

He is pretty slow and not the greatest in the air. Pretty good on the ball but the guy for sure has his weaknesses. Not a top 6 centre back imo.

Not top 6 but he is clearly better than Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Axel and Bailly. Maybe Maguire too

On 31/07/2019 at 17:56, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

You can just imagine it can’t you. ‘Ooookay lad, sooooi I saye yow playin’ as a rihhht back this seasonnn. Now, I jus’ need to bring in another fiyve rihhtttt backs and get rid of the Centre halves and we’ll be goldddenn’.

Axel: just say no. 

We only saw the player we knew he could be because Dean played him, you know, where he is most comfortable. 

I honestly never knew Steve Bruce was from Dudley 😉

• Haha 2

Axel to Newcastle on loan?, really?

I can imagine a reality where Axel would want to do that, for a manager who didnt rate him at CB, played jedinak over him, and misused him at RB, playing Brucie levels of turgid football.

Maybe Axel should have pushed to return to us if this is what he is going to end up with.......

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Axel to Newcastle on loan?, really?

I can imagine a reality where Axel would want to do that, for a manager who didnt rate him at CB, played jedinak over him, and misused him at RB, playing Brucie levels of turgid football.

Maybe Axel should have pushed to return to us if this is what he is going to end up with.......

Possible that he did but we've said we not going to use loans to develop other clubs players anymore. If Manure weren't gonna sell him directly to us we moved on.

9 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Possible that he did but we've said we not going to use loans to develop other clubs players anymore. If Manure weren't gonna sell him directly to us we moved on.

Yeah meant permanently mate.

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon Bruce will play 3 at the back with Axel part of it. They have loads of centre halves.  He had success with Hull playing that way.

Plus didn’t he try it with us a few times too?

He did. I think that was the formation Bruce wanted to play, but we had too many players that didn't fit that mold. 

Newcastle played 3 at the back numerous times last season so it would work. 

• Thanks 1

Would be really beneficial for Axel to join a Pre Season with the club he is going to play for this season.

Had the full pre season with Man Utd sending him mixed messages and then they are now ready to send him out on loan.

I mean, jesus christ. They really are hindering his development.

Â